EOI Draw 20 May - Selected!

Old May 21st 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Draw 20 May - Selected!

Oh yeah, our medicals were £170 each adult and £85 for the sprog and £24 for the extra bloods!!
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: EOI Draw 20 May - Selected!

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hi Numptyhead, we got selected end of march but have had lots of delays-IELTS test for one assessment of quals another. Had medicals last week, I have more than 5cms to lose off waist-gave up in the end and just went for it. Had extra bloods done so hoping all goes well with them. Still waiting for nursing registration to be done (they have assured me its nearly finished) and then ITA can go in Can't believe there was ever anything to talk about before we started planning this. I am obsessed!! Hoping to be able to go beginning of August. Supposed to start work 6th July but that ain't gonna happen Hope all goes well with you, keep in touch.
Liffy- good luck with the process, have mucho patience and huge pockets!!!!
Bevissa
Hi Bevissa,

Errmm...re-measured my waist yesterday...not bloody 5cm to lose, more like 10cm. There is no way I can lose that as you can't lose that many cms without losing loads of weight. I'm going to Italy the end of June for a big slap up wedding...probably 15 courses. I can't see us being ready to take medicals till July so I'm buggered...so it will be fasting bloods for me! Now I have to worry about possible cholesterol and blood pressure along with everything else cos I ain't getting any younger...lol

You mentioned delays with assessment of qualifications. Are they very picky then? (For everyone else I am talking about the nurse registration process).

I know what you mean, I think about it all the time...trying to be one step ahead so I don't unnecessarily delay things later.

Thinking about the future packing.....shall we take the lot or not. Some people say take it all, others say don't bother. I've got 4 dogs but one of them is a rescue so I haven't had her that long.....I had intended not to take her. She's a little older than the others and I was thinking I will find her a lovely new home. But I swear she knows.....she keeps looking at me with those big bug eyes. She follows me everywhere. She sat outside the green house yesterday whilst I was in there. The others were prancing about the garden playing, but not her. I think she might wear me down but it will cost another £1000!

I think I need to switch off a bit today and stop thinking about it all. It would help if I didn't keep coming on this bloody site (no offence intended). Right going to have bacon sarni and nice fresh coffee and get to bed (worked last night).

Hey talk about trying to be organised...I've even found a MSc course in Diabetes advanced care I want to do. It starts in Feb...but don't suppose.....
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: EOI Draw 20 May - Selected!

Hi numptyhead, hope you enjoyed the bacon sarnie!! NZQA were actually ok. I paid for the fast track and they say 20 working days it was a bit over that. I just had an issue with the whole thing. I have diploma and even tho on LTSSL a degree or diploma are required to nurse in NZ, on the list of recognised quals the diploma is not there. Think its a money making scam but hey, we jump through the hoops to get there don't we!! We are taking about half of our furniture (I get attached to things easily!!) but lots of stuff I couldn't bear to be without my stuff around me-photo's, picture's, ornaments and books etc etc. We are having first quote next week. I'll let you know if OH has not killed me or we have both collapsed with shock
I don't envy you with the decision about the dog. You can't leave that poor one behind can you? Imagine how many times you would picture its little face.... Sorry thats not helping is it? Think you should take them all and sod the expense Where and when are you headed? Still waiting for registration and medical results by the way Bevissa
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi numptyhead, hope you enjoyed the bacon sarnie!! NZQA were actually ok. I paid for the fast track and they say 20 working days it was a bit over that. I just had an issue with the whole thing. I have diploma and even tho on LTSSL a degree or diploma are required to nurse in NZ, on the list of recognised quals the diploma is not there. Think its a money making scam but hey, we jump through the hoops to get there don't we!! We are taking about half of our furniture (I get attached to things easily!!) but lots of stuff I couldn't bear to be without my stuff around me-photo's, picture's, ornaments and books etc etc. We are having first quote next week. I'll let you know if OH has not killed me or we have both collapsed with shock
I don't envy you with the decision about the dog. You can't leave that poor one behind can you? Imagine how many times you would picture its little face.... Sorry thats not helping is it? Think you should take them all and sod the expense Where and when are you headed? Still waiting for registration and medical results by the way Bevissa
Hi Bevissa,

I didn't know you could fast track. I haven't sent mine in yet...will be next week when I've been to the solicitors and had that declaration thing signed....so much palarver! NMC are next to useless. I sent them the verification request 30th Apr. They cashed the cheque on the 8th May and I had a letter last week saying I had not filled in the form....err....how did they get the cheque then. Had to send another request to them....they had lost the letter I had sent in...but not the cheque....obviously

Bacon sarnie was divine...lol...but the last I will be having for a while. We are not looking to move across until Nov/Dec time, so I've decided I do have time to lose a bit of weight and then perhaps have our medicals end of July. I would love to just have the bog standard medical without the extra bloods. I know BP, BM's are normal but last time I had a cholesterol check which was ages ago it was around 5.2 and I know they prefer it to be under 5. Ho hum!

I've started swimming every other day and to lose a bit of weight can only do me good. Today is not a swim day and I'm so glad cos I'm starving....going to have a tuna salad in a minute...hum....not!

Good luck with the medical results.....oh God, I know I will be in a terrible state waiting for mine. As nurses I think we know a little too much information at times and know how easy it is to have deranged bloods etc....oh I guess this is not helping you whilst your waiting.....a bit like you talking about Poppy and whether we should be taking her or not Sorry, I'll shut up

By the sounds of it, we are looking at taking about the same amount as you apart from OH's car. He has a love affair with the thing....outside now...polishing the headlights...so I have an awful feeling we might need the 40' container. Oh God the cost!

I'm an agency nurse...its a good job too...at least at times like this I can work like billyho and get the money in. Tonight will be my 7th in a row and I still have another tomorrow. The weight should be falling off me! Although I have done it before I don't usually work this much. Its so much easier when you have light at the end of a tunnel and an important goal.

We are hoping to get around the Hawkes Bay area
Take Care
Maria
Old May 24th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Maria, how many nights Thats a lot of work. 2 long days together wears me out, mind you I am getting on a bit now (44) and how the bloody hell did that happen At least you can get some decent cash behind you. Our costs are running at £1600 ish and thats before ITA, Levy, shipping, flights and the huge set up costs when we get there God I hope we don't get referred for further medical tests. I was supposed to start work 6th July, they know I won't make that but I don't know how long they will wait. Mine and my daughters passports expire 10th July next year so if we don't get visa stamped before 10th July this year we will have to get new ones-more time and money Our ITA has to be in by 11th July so I'm stressing quite badly at the moment and thats always bad for my diet!!!

What sort of car has your OH got? Thats a big container you will need. Maybe you can pack lots of stuff in the car to save space

We are going to North Shore to start with and look about for somewhere to settle permanently later. We are not selling our house here for a couple of years so that gives us time to decide. Enjoy the swimming and don't work too hard!! Best wishes, Beverley
Old May 26th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Maria, how many nights Thats a lot of work. 2 long days together wears me out, mind you I am getting on a bit now (44) and how the bloody hell did that happen At least you can get some decent cash behind you. Our costs are running at £1600 ish and thats before ITA, Levy, shipping, flights and the huge set up costs when we get there God I hope we don't get referred for further medical tests. I was supposed to start work 6th July, they know I won't make that but I don't know how long they will wait. Mine and my daughters passports expire 10th July next year so if we don't get visa stamped before 10th July this year we will have to get new ones-more time and money Our ITA has to be in by 11th July so I'm stressing quite badly at the moment and thats always bad for my diet!!!

What sort of car has your OH got? Thats a big container you will need. Maybe you can pack lots of stuff in the car to save space

We are going to North Shore to start with and look about for somewhere to settle permanently later. We are not selling our house here for a couple of years so that gives us time to decide. Enjoy the swimming and don't work too hard!! Best wishes, Beverley
Hi Bevissa

I'm all excited this morning. I've just checked the NZIS and our EOI is now showing as succesful. No idea when that changed. Won't be long before we get an ITA in the post then......OMG.

We are looking at Hawkes Bay...I think I told you that already. I have to decide whether to go really rural in Wairoa or a bit further down in Hastings (bigger hospital). Decisions. decisions!
OH car is....don't laugh....a vauxhall omega elite....same as a Holden omega in NZ. He loves the thing.....what can I do!

Can't find anything on fast tracking the NZ nurse reg. Can you point me to the info. Thanks Chuck!

Hey I older than you.....I am 49.....that should make you feel better

3 nights off now......lovely!
Best wishes
Maria
Old May 26th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Maria, well done on completing all those nights!!! Sorry think I have confused you, I fast tracked the NZQA stuff. Actually got confirmation that I am registered in NZ today yippee!!!! Think it took about 5 weeks altogether. Just medicals to be returned then ITA can go in. Had first quote for shipping today with Pickfords. We are probably going to take a 20 ft container (cripes) will let you know how much it is when the quote gets e-mailed and we have stopped crying My poor beloved is so desperate to be going but he doesn't show his excitement so while I was jumping up and down with the registration in my hand earlier he was just looking at me as if I cam from another planet!! You'd think after nearly 14 years he'd know what a kid I am-actually even the kid of the house is less excitable than me

Shame you are not heading Auckland way. We did think about Hawkes bay to start with but there didn't seem to be as much work for him (electrician). We are going to look about for a nice place to settle permanently (hopefully) during the first couple of years when he will have a better idea of what the work situation is like. Will send you a PM with my e-mail address and we can keep in touch if you like. All the best, Beverley