British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Decision Successful!!!!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-decision-successful-542076/)

Suzbits Jun 9th 2008 5:46 pm

EOI Decision Successful!!!!!!!!!!

Can't quite believe it just done the daily ritual of checking online and the status has changed from Selected to Successful :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had emailed NZIS last week as we are flying over to Christchurch on Friday for a recci and for OH to attend interviews and they were going to try to look at it before we came over, but no promises - but they have come through, this will surely help with getting a job offer, fingers crossed.

We are walking round with grins on our faces, now only need a job offer, sort the house out and we could be there in September. :eek:

They say good luck comes in threes - so bring it on!!!!

howden40 Jun 9th 2008 7:12 pm

Re: EOI Decision Successful!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, now the hard work begins. The gathering required for the next stage. Read, read and read more. Check out the current threads and you'll find valuable information. A few seem to have been successful lately.

Ask any questions someone usually knows the answer or can point you in the right direction.

Where do you hope to live?, when do you hope to move?. How many of you are their?

We also have questions, nosey bunch really.

Be happy
Pauline

Persephone Jun 9th 2008 8:28 pm

Congratulations :thumbsup:

Good luck with your recce, how long are you going to be over there? Hope the interviews go well. I'm sure it has to help being able to say that you're that bit further along with the PR process. Well in my opinion anyway!

All the best
Sue

Suzbits Jun 9th 2008 8:38 pm

Thanks for all your kind comments, I think the grins are now slowly fading to a smile!

As we are bring the children with us (8,6,3) we have decided to pack it all into 2 weeks so they don't miss too much from school. Also we were dictated by a trip to the theatre this week booked before Christmas to see High School Musical and my son's football awards night on 27th June, so we fly out on 13/6 and arrive back on 27/6.

We are spending a week in Christchurch and then travelling up to Nelson for 4 days and then travelling back via Marlborough. We want to have a good look round at houses, schools etc and then hopefully we will know where we would rather be.

If we do manage to get a job offer we could, all being well, be out end September, but I know there is loads to do before we can send our pack back, so I am going to look at booking the medicals before we go and send off the police checks, so we don't lose 2 weeks.

I will no doubt be in touch with loads more questions over the next few weeks.

Kay

alchris Jun 9th 2008 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Suzbits (Post 6450718)
Thanks for all your kind comments, I think the grins are now slowly fading to a smile!

As we are bring the children with us (8,6,3) we have decided to pack it all into 2 weeks so they don't miss too much from school. Also we were dictated by a trip to the theatre this week booked before Christmas to see High School Musical and my son's football awards night on 27th June, so we fly out on 13/6 and arrive back on 27/6.

We are spending a week in Christchurch and then travelling up to Nelson for 4 days and then travelling back via Marlborough. We want to have a good look round at houses, schools etc and then hopefully we will know where we would rather be.

If we do manage to get a job offer we could, all being well, be out end September, but I know there is loads to do before we can send our pack back, so I am going to look at booking the medicals before we go and send off the police checks, so we don't lose 2 weeks.

I will no doubt be in touch with loads more questions over the next few weeks.

Kay

Congrats, enjoy your recci!

Chris

howden40 Jun 9th 2008 10:04 pm

I had emailed NZIS last week as we are flying over to Christchurch on Friday for a recci and for OH to attend interviews and they were going to try to look at it before we came over, but no promises - but they have come through, this will surely help with getting a job offer, fingers crossed.

We we're lucky Tony had hour long telephone interviews, his prospective employers rang him even though it wouldn't have cost us to ring them due to telephone contract we had.

That is one thing you will miss, telephone packages, broadband packages etc. No real competition here to bring down prices or offer more.

Enjoy your stay

Pauline

teebrown Jun 10th 2008 7:08 pm

congratultions, can't wait for a big meet up in ChCh, we are hopeing to fly in feb.

Well done you too - oh by the way it was snowing there the other day.

teebrown Jun 10th 2008 7:17 pm

congratultions, can't wait for a big meet up in ChCh, we are hopeing to fly in feb.

Well done you too - oh by the way it was snowing there the other day.

BEVS Jun 11th 2008 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Suzbits (Post 6450086)
Can't quite believe it just done the daily ritual of checking online and the status has changed from Selected to Successful

Brilliant news Suzbits. Onward and upward. I'm sending you some Happy Grins karma. :)