EOI couple of questions - sorry

Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default EOI couple of questions - sorry

My husband has finally convinced me to take the leap of faith and look seriously at a new life in NZ. I have filled out the majority of the EOI today, but have a couple of questions if that is OK.

The children - do i need to fill their details in for both my husband (the principal applicant) and also under my bit (partner)? Or do i just say there are dependants under my husband?

Qualifications - Having completed most of it we have 150 points, I have a post-graduate qualification in Marketing (CIM Diploma) which needs to be assessed which will cost £30. In all your expert opinions of those who have done the application and in the process of doing so would getting this qualification assessed improve our chances or move us up the list? I have a qualification which is approved and the points have been added for this.

Work - Neither of us have job offers as my husband is an electrician so would need to do the conversion exam, but won't look at this until we are further down the line. I am not planning on working initally but hubby will need to. Will this again go against our application?

Sorry for all the questions but want to get it right for when we send it in.

Many thanks
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EOI couple of questions - sorry

Welcome Suz

You just need to fill in the children under your husband's dependants.

If you have a degree, will your CIM give you extra points? A UG degree is 50 points whereas a PG degree is 60 I think. However as second applicant I'm not sure that the points are as high. I'm out of date so I'm sure others will help.

If you have enough points you can be selected without a job. However a job gives you loads of points and is supposed to speed up the admin

Good luck
Alison
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Suzbits
My husband has finally convinced me to take the leap of faith and look seriously at a new life in NZ. I have filled out the majority of the EOI today, but have a couple of questions if that is OK.

The children - do i need to fill their details in for both my husband (the principal applicant) and also under my bit (partner)? Or do i just say there are dependants under my husband?

Qualifications - Having completed most of it we have 150 points, I have a post-graduate qualification in Marketing (CIM Diploma) which needs to be assessed which will cost £30. In all your expert opinions of those who have done the application and in the process of doing so would getting this qualification assessed improve our chances or move us up the list? I have a qualification which is approved and the points have been added for this.

Work - Neither of us have job offers as my husband is an electrician so would need to do the conversion exam, but won't look at this until we are further down the line. I am not planning on working initally but hubby will need to. Will this again go against our application?

Sorry for all the questions but want to get it right for when we send it in.

Many thanks
Hi,
I just put the kids details in once on the EOI. You should be fine with the points you have - we got selected with 150 and no job offer. That was back in November and we got our ITA through last week so we're busy collating all our stuff now. You might want to pay the extra bit to have your qualification assessed once you do the ITA thing. If you're going to send it off then they will want it to be approved otherwise they probably wont consider it.
Hope that helps.
sarah
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your advise, I think i will send in the EOI and get it assessed whilst the EOI is in. Being the second applicant it is not worth as many points having a second qualification, eventhough this would probably be one or two points up the scale from my HND as it is a post-grad qualification.

Well done Alison on getting through with 150 and no jobs too - you guys must be very excited. Is it normal for it go through this quickly, November put into the pool and 2 months later doing the full application, I was under the impression it took a lot longer? Where are you planning on going?

Thanks again

Kay
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Suzbits
Thanks for all your advise, I think i will send in the EOI and get it assessed whilst the EOI is in. Being the second applicant it is not worth as many points having a second qualification, eventhough this would probably be one or two points up the scale from my HND as it is a post-grad qualification.

Well done Alison on getting through with 150 and no jobs too - you guys must be very excited. Is it normal for it go through this quickly, November put into the pool and 2 months later doing the full application, I was under the impression it took a lot longer? Where are you planning on going?

Thanks again

Kay
Hi Kay,

once you submit your EOI then it has six months to be selected from the pool. You should be fine to be selected first time with your points/quals. Then they do basic checks and let you know within 12 weeks if you're going to be sent an ITA or go back into the pool. It was 8 weeks from us being selected to getting the ITA pack. Now we have 4 months to get all our evidence together then send it back in. Once NZ house has it then its allocated to an immigration officer within 4 months and then they'll make a decision within 3 months. Obviously its all a bit quicker with a job offer....hope that helps
sarah

ps we're hoping to go in June/July ish of this year.