British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Checking Service?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-checking-service-600631/)

Kari and Martin Mar 29th 2009 7:24 pm

EOI Checking Service??

Hi,

I have a couple of questions.

I am very worried about getting anything wrong on my EOI. Are there any services that are available from Immigration New Zealand or other organisation that could provide a checking service?

Also what kind of verification will be required for degrees? I have my certificates, is that sufficient? Or do I need to get my hands on something else?

Also what kind of verification will be required for proof of relevant work experience? I would like to make sure I have these items available to avoid any delay.

Many thanks in advance your help.

Kari

strawbie Mar 29th 2009 7:33 pm

Re: EOI Checking Service??

Originally Posted by Kari and Martin (Post 7432418)
Hi,

I am very worried about getting anything wrong on my EOI. Are there any services that are available from Immigration New Zealand or other organisation that could provide a checking service?

Also what kind of verification will be required for degrees? I have my certificates, is that sufficient? Or do I need to get my hands on something else?

Also what kind of verification will be required for proof of relevant work experience? I would like to make sure I have these items available to avoid any delay.

Kari

Hi, you dont need to provide any evidence with your EOI, as long as you get all your details in correctly it works out your points and then will go onto the 'pool'. if selected from this you get ITA, whereby you have about 4months (may depend on which category you apply in) to obtain your certificates, letters from employers, medicals, etc, basically all your official evidence. hope this helps!!?

BEVS Mar 29th 2009 11:57 pm

Re: EOI Checking Service??

Originally Posted by Kari and Martin (Post 7432418)
Hi,

Kari

Hi.
Please don't worry about the EOI. If NZIS felt something was not right, they would contact you to ask.

Use us as a service for checking your EOI if you like. We're all here to help.

Re your degree. It depends on where you gained your degree and in what.
The original or certified certificates should be enough, unless NZIS come back to you and request an NZQA assessment.
Is your university and degree level on the list of recognised qualifications?
If you are unsure let us know what it is, and one of us will go check and also show you where you can see this list for yourself.

Work Exp
Your contract of employment stating your job title and what work you do . A CV. References from employers/ clients/customers. You can obtain a printout from IR which will give your employment history. If self-employed, your tax returns and accounts. Wage slips.
Basically anything that shows you have been employed in an occupation in line with your qualification.
Have your current boss write you a letter of reference with details.