EOI Before NZQA

Old May 11th 2010, 7:34 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough
Default EOI Before NZQA

Hi alls,

Been grossed out with Aussie immigration frequent policies changes , heading to NZ now.Sorry to be offensive, i always believe everything happens for a reason though, that thought has helped my try and come through a few things lately.

Anyway ! i got an ACS +ve assesment for my skill sets as an Oracle Specialist , will ACS help me out in EOI process ?

My second question is can we go for EOI before NZQA (My country is not exempted for NZQA) , if i go for EOI without NZQA how will it affect my EOI process?

Just keeping finger crossed for NZ
sufyan_victoria is offline  
Old May 11th 2010, 11:26 pm
  #2  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,085
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

There is nothing to stop you submitting an EOI before you have the result of an NZQA assessment,

Within the EOI there is a box which asks if you have an NZQA assessment. As you know that an NZQA assessment would be required then perhaps it would be prudent for you to go for the NZQA assessment first. At least then, when you submit the EOI to NZIS , you will already have helped NZIS with regards to your IT qualifications, rather than have NZIS mark your EOI application as needing an NZQAS assessment..

The ACS may well help you with the NZQA assessment.
BEVS is offline  
Old May 12th 2010, 2:08 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
Posts: 182
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

Hi,

I am waiting to hear back from NZQA for having my qualifications assessed. I wanted to get everything in place before I submit my EOI. It would save a lot of time in the long run and hopefully submit my PR quicker rather than go back and forth.

Cheers,
Claire
celeliza is offline  
Old May 12th 2010, 4:33 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
There is nothing to stop you submitting an EOI before you have the result of an NZQA assessment,

Within the EOI there is a box which asks if you have an NZQA assessment. As you know that an NZQA assessment would be required then perhaps it would be prudent for you to go for the NZQA assessment first. At least then, when you submit the EOI to NZIS , you will already have helped NZIS with regards to your IT qualifications, rather than have NZIS mark your EOI application as needing an NZQAS assessment..

The ACS may well help you with the NZQA assessment.
Thanks for reposnding me mate,having NZIS mark my EOI application as needing an NZQA assessment would not cause NZIS for the rejection of my EOI aint?
sufyan_victoria is offline  
Old May 12th 2010, 8:50 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: on the way
Posts: 69
ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

If your NZ intentions are sincere (and not just "B" plan until you find something better) go for a full NZQA assessment first. There are 2 main reasons:
- you may be able to claim bonus points on your EOI, if you don't do at least PAR (pre-assessment report which is a waste of money IMHO) you will be probably declined.
- in case your ITA is issued, you will have 4 months to provide full report, but you cannot be sure how long NZQA procedure will take so you may get in a situation that your ITA expires.

If I haven't got the full NZQA report in my EOI stage, it would be declined (as it was anyhow but I asked NZQA for a revised report which was OK for ITA).

HTH
ibex is offline  
Old May 12th 2010, 9:42 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

Originally Posted by ibex View Post
If your NZ intentions are sincere (and not just "B" plan until you find something better) go for a full NZQA assessment first. There are 2 main reasons:
- you may be able to claim bonus points on your EOI, if you don't do at least PAR (pre-assessment report which is a waste of money IMHO) you will be probably declined.
- in case your ITA is issued, you will have 4 months to provide full report, but you cannot be sure how long NZQA procedure will take so you may get in a situation that your ITA expires.

If I haven't got the full NZQA report in my EOI stage, it would be declined (as it was anyhow but I asked NZQA for a revised report which was OK for ITA).

HTH
thanks ibex , come what may i have to invest in first step NZ $ 750 for NZQA , then online NZ $ 400 for EOI.I wana save intially NZ $ 750.

I am in process of seeing alls the hurdles which i could cope or not before setting feet to apply NZ immi, As i got 6.5 in each mdoule not the risk at my own disposal but having gone through the NZ immi sites and found one more hurdles that my wife has to show IELTS 6.5 evidence as a dependent.Is there any alternate for her instead getting her take IELTS test , its not an easy deal for her to get 6.5 bands.Can i show any other evidence except IELTS.
sufyan_victoria is offline  
Old May 12th 2010, 10:00 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: on the way
Posts: 69
ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

You can go the short way and 'save' $750 initially, but I am afraid that the $400 would be wasted too.

Your wife only needs 6.5 if you are using her qualification for 20 points or you would like to avoid paying ESOL tuition.

There you can find other options than IELTS.

With some practice, 6.5 is not so hard to get. Being from a non-English speaking country, we both (me and my wife) went this way.
ibex is offline  
Old May 12th 2010, 11:18 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

Originally Posted by ibex View Post
You can go the short way and 'save' $750 initially, but I am afraid that the $400 would be wasted too.

Your wife only needs 6.5 if you are using her qualification for 20 points or you would like to avoid paying ESOL tuition.

There you can find other options than IELTS.

With some practice, 6.5 is not so hard to get. Being from a non-English speaking country, we both (me and my wife) went this way.
thanks for giving me load of information, as an alternate for ESOL tution seems to me more convenient. How much fee i have to pay for ESOL , i've gone through yours given link but it requires username password.
sufyan_victoria is offline  
Old May 12th 2010, 10:11 pm
  #9  
Queen of the Underworld
 
Persephone's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: In NZ!
Posts: 4,785
Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Before NZQA

Originally Posted by sufyan_victoria View Post
thanks for giving me load of information, as an alternate for ESOL tution seems to me more convenient. How much fee i have to pay for ESOL , i've gone through yours given link but it requires username password.
Hi, this link shows how much it will cost for ESOL, very expensive for those without an IELTS cert [and also those with one!]
SMC ESOL costs
English requirements for non principal applicants SMC
These are the requirements under the skilled migrant category The non principal candidate needs a score of 5 or above under the SMC

Last edited by Persephone; May 12th 2010 at 11:00 pm. Reason: Added a bit
Persephone is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.