EOI baffeled

Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:36 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation EOI baffeled

Hi all, i am filling out my EOI and one question asks

Do you have a recognised basic New Zealand qulaification? also
Do you have a recognised post graduate qualification?

My question is are they asking if my qualificationa were obtained in New Zealand?
or
are my qualifications obtain in the UK recognised as New Zealand qualifications?

I have a Masters degree and a BA (Hons) as well as City and Guilds these are all on the qualifictaion lists

So I am really confused as to what they are asking?

Help needed please!!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

madmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI baffeled

I'm in the same boat - that's the totally baffled boat I have a nursing diploma and midwifery degree but only come up with 85 points in total. Hope whoever responds to your query will clear it up for me too
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

You sure your points are correct madmidwife as your job will appear in the skill shortages , your age will give you added points and if you have a job offer and its outside of Auckland that will give you more points. As for the degrees look on the nz link for checking univ's and qualifications it should tell you on there.... if not you could always get them assessed by the nz qualification council it will cot you though but its all on the site.
If you are considering immigration and have over 100 points you should consider getting your registration and practising certificate from the NZNC this can take approx 3 months( shorter for some I hear but I am still waiting for mine to come through) you will need verification and transcripts from training schools/uni and NMC etc.
Good luck with whatever you decide. Hope this has helped. This forum offers good sound advice which we have found very valuabe in our process of going through the immigration to NZ and there are lots of people that will offer more advice I am sure if this has not helped.
Steve and Dee.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:38 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to bring my dilemma to the forefront again

but does anyone know the answer to my original post above about qualifications

I am really confused!!!!!!

many thanks in advance

Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I understood that a recognised basic or postgrad NZ qualification was one that was gained in NZ as there is a separate section for other quals.

So when I filled mine in I put my degree in the first section and put down "no" for the basic NZ quals. Though it took me a while to decide, it's not that clear on the website.

Been selected and no ones come back to me to say what I've done is wrong!

Sue