Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI in, awaiting approval.. so whats next?

EOI in, awaiting approval.. so whats next?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Question EOI in, awaiting approval.. so whats next?

So we have put in our EOI and we are waiting to be selected from the pool. But I was curious what the chain of events after our Pool selection (FINGERS CROSSES PICK ME PICK ME!), up to getting on the plane from the paperwork point of view?

Last edited by trigod; Aug 11th 2006 at 11:05 am. Reason: Typo
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice
Default Re: EOI in, awaiting approval.. so whats next?

Originally Posted by trigod
So we have put in our EOI and we are waiting to be selected from the pool. But I was curious what the chain of events after our Pool selection (FINGERS CROSSES PICK ME PICK ME!), up to getting on the plane from the paperwork point of view?
They check it manually - if there are no problems and you filled everything in properly, they'll issue an invitation to apply. That's basically a hard copy of your EOI form, with all your answers filled out. You send that in, together with all your supporting evidence (education certificates, letters from previous employers, wedding & birth certs etc), a medical for all involved and a police check.

When they get that, they put it at the bottom of a large pile (unless you have a job offer) until it gets checked and reviewed by your case officer.

Assuming no problems, they phone you up and ask some questions, to see if you've done your homework, then they give you PR. Or sometimes WTR.

Piece of cake really The hard bit is all the waiting around, not knowing the outcome and then having to rush around getting everything organised at the last minute.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IainW
They check it manually - if there are no problems and you filled everything in properly, they'll issue an invitation to apply. That's basically a hard copy of your EOI form, with all your answers filled out. You send that in, together with all your supporting evidence (education certificates, letters from previous employers, wedding & birth certs etc), a medical for all involved and a police check.

When they get that, they put it at the bottom of a large pile (unless you have a job offer) until it gets checked and reviewed by your case officer.

Assuming no problems, they phone you up and ask some questions, to see if you've done your homework, then they give you PR. Or sometimes WTR.

Piece of cake really The hard bit is all the waiting around, not knowing the outcome and then having to rush around getting everything organised at the last minute.
How long is it from confirmation? I mean,once they say cool-we love you-come on down-letsbe avenue-is there a time limit for you to move? Do you have to send your passports off to get it stamped?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
How long is it from confirmation? I mean,once they say cool-we love you-come on down-letsbe avenue-is there a time limit for you to move? Do you have to send your passports off to get it stamped?
once you've got approval in principle, you get 6 months to get the visa's put in your passports which means sending your passports in and paying your migrant levy fee.
once you've got the blue stickers, you've got 12 months to validate them (ie arrive in NZ) however on arrival in NZ you are issued a returning residents visa (stamp in your passpost at the airport) which is valid for 2 years - so if push came to shove you could come for a quick visit to validate your PR visa and then emigrate within the following 2 years

fyi - our timeline:
eoi selected without job offer dec 04, ita pack received jan 05, ita returned with all docs mar 05, approval in principle 14th May 05, arrived 6th Oct 05.

Vicki
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trigod
Hi,

I'm in roughly the same position although I had my EOI selected in July.

Notified within a couple of days following selection from pool, that clarification was required for my job offer (Job description of job offer and my employment job descriptions to show compatibility) That took a week and just received my Application to Apply this morning.
Approximately 4 weeks from EOI submission online to Application to Apply.
Already got my personal stuff filed and ready. Just medicals and police checks and then we can lodge our full application. With a job offer I expect to get a reply within 4-6 weeks (maybe sooner!!)

Might have to tell my mum now!!

Good luck with your application