EOI Avice/

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

carlamills is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile EOI Avice/

Is the Skilled Migrant Programme the right direction for me.
Mid June our EOI was selected from pool and we received word yesterday from the advisor dealing with our application that they were not recognizing our qualifications as they have not been accredited by NZQA ,we therefore lost most of the points we had claimed on the initial application.
I am under the impression that I should now be applying to NZQA to have our qualifications verified and accredited before proceeding further which is what we intend doing, even though it will cost us financially. The advisor has not been so direct as to advise us to take this course with NZQA but has cleverly disguised it in there reply.
Has any one come across this situation before and would this be the norm as we are also considering an advisor which we would rather avoid.

We may have been lost in the application process as we found it fairly easy to understand and apply which makes me wonder if somewhere along the way we underestimated the accreditations applied to our qualifications which were mainly City and Guilds of London, BTEC National Diplomas and Certificates along with SQAs and ICS Business Management Diplomas, none of which were given any credence.

Although extremely disappointed , we will not give up and hope to continue with our application.

We always liked a challenge. Carla
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EOI Avice/

How very dissapointing for you both, Im sure if you state what proffession you are in on a thread then help will be on the way

I am sorry I can be of no help ours was pretty straight forward as OH job was listed and easily found what quals they would accept.
hopefully you will find the help and advice needed on here
good luck

Chris
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alchris
How very dissapointing for you both, Im sure if you state what proffession you are in on a thread then help will be on the way

I am sorry I can be of no help ours was pretty straight forward as OH job was listed and easily found what quals they would accept.
hopefully you will find the help and advice needed on here
good luck

Chris
Thanks Chris
Although disappointed, still upbeat and hey if our homework had been better prepared maybe this hiccup could have been avoided, although I must say that it looked from the onset pretty straight forward.

I work within the Mental Health Field as a Community Inclusion Officer, role involves working with individuals who have been institutionalized long term (25yrs plus) they are now in there own accommodation within the community.
I provide community inclusion support to enable them to be included within a social setting. I have no degree qualifications but have 7yrs experience within this field and with other academic qualifications which I thought had recognition but are not linked to my work history, such as BTEC Diplomas and City and Guilds in Engineering and Diploma in Business Management along with SQA Assessors Awards. Apparently these hold no credence and if we want accreditation then I think its off to the NZQA for this, not sure at the moment. All advice would be welcomed.

My OH only added his City and Guilds which again were rejected. He works within the transport industry delivering training to individuals and companies but as he was not the EOI main applicant then this would not be a consideration.

Hope all is well and thanks for your reply.

Carla

So this is where we are at the moment
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice

Originally Posted by carlamills
Is the Skilled Migrant Programme the right direction for me.
Mid June our EOI was selected from pool and we received word yesterday from the advisor dealing with our application that they were not recognizing our qualifications as they have not been accredited by NZQA ,we therefore lost most of the points we had claimed on the initial application.
I am under the impression that I should now be applying to NZQA to have our qualifications verified and accredited before proceeding further which is what we intend doing, even though it will cost us financially. The advisor has not been so direct as to advise us to take this course with NZQA but has cleverly disguised it in there reply.
Has any one come across this situation before and would this be the norm as we are also considering an advisor which we would rather avoid.

We may have been lost in the application process as we found it fairly easy to understand and apply which makes me wonder if somewhere along the way we underestimated the accreditations applied to our qualifications which were mainly City and Guilds of London, BTEC National Diplomas and Certificates along with SQAs and ICS Business Management Diplomas, none of which were given any credence.

Although extremely disappointed , we will not give up and hope to continue with our application.

We always liked a challenge. Carla
Hi Carla

The same thing has happened to us, EOI was selected mid july, then we received a two line email saying we had lost 25 points, we were due to leave for a holiday 2 days later, so I bombarded NZI with emails til they rang me to explain, which they did, it seems if we were a month earlier with our EOI we wouldnt have had this situation, but there is now no way round it, they did say a confirmed job offer would mean the loss of the points would be irrelevant, and the assessments would not be needed either, we like yourselves will not give up
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 11:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm being a bit dim as usual.

What occupation have you applied under then?

Do your qualifications match the ones listed for the occupation you have applied under.

If not, then I would think and it is only my opinion, that your only way to go is to get a full NZQA assessment. That NZQA assessment needs to come out at the same level as NZIs require for the occupation.

Does that make sense.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply folks, Jo and Paul keep at it. Your certainly not being dim Bev, that accolade lies at my feet. Most of my qualifications were job related gained through practical work experience. The other few were not work related but are recognized educational qualifications and they all received no credence from NZI, which was disappointing and I accept that possibly my lack of understanding of immigration bureaucracy and a lack of accuracy led to this result.

So if I,ve learned anything its, DONT ASSUME, do the homework and stop throwing money away, because it could be an expensive exercise.

We will now attend a few Job Expo NZ and get some sound advice and start again. So its back to the drawing board will hold off with NZQA until after Job Expo, dont want to through good money after bad. will keep you posted
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by carlamills
. Most of my qualifications were job related gained through practical work experience. The other few were not work related but are recognized educational qualifications
Then you will need a full NZQA assessment .