British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI... another question, sorry! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-another-question-sorry-616351/)

Lee Lee Jun 23rd 2009 7:27 am

EOI... another question, sorry!

Hi

My husband is registered with a recruitment company in Christchuch and they have asked the following:

Does he need to have a job offer to get our EOI accepted?

I hope not as we have already been selected and are hoping to become successful any day now :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Persephone Jun 23rd 2009 9:02 am

Re: EOI... another question, sorry!

That's a strange question for a recruitment company to ask, I'd have thought they'd know how the system works.
You have nothing to worry about. Your EOI has been accepted and selected and so it has passed the first stage, if everything adds up on your EOI you will receive an ITA. Then you have to prove that you are entitled to however many points you have.
You do not need to have a job offer to apply under the SMC as long as you have enough points. I got PR last year without having a job offer:thumbsup:
The whole process is a lot quicker with a job offer though.

Lee Lee Jun 23rd 2009 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 7690388)
That's a strange question for a recruitment company to ask, I'd have thought they'd know how the system works.
You have nothing to worry about. Your EOI has been accepted and selected and so it has passed the first stage, if everything adds up on your EOI you will receive an ITA. Then you have to prove that you are entitled to however many points you have.
You do not need to have a job offer to apply under the SMC as long as you have enough points. I got PR last year without having a job offer:thumbsup:
The whole process is a lot quicker with a job offer though.

Thanks for the info. I didnt think that everyone that submits an EOI could have a job offer but when your going through this process its all a bit too much to get your head round sometimes. We're sort of taking it as it comes and learning as we go.

Thanks again

Mgee Jun 23rd 2009 10:21 am

Hmm. Maybe they were just making sure whether you'd need a job offer to get enough points to get past the EOI selection threshold? That's how I'd understand it. If you have your EOI selected already, you have nothing to worry, and if you get a job offer, it will speed up things for you.

Lee Lee Jun 24th 2009 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Mgee (Post 7690551)
Hmm. Maybe they were just making sure whether you'd need a job offer to get enough points to get past the EOI selection threshold? That's how I'd understand it. If you have your EOI selected already, you have nothing to worry, and if you get a job offer, it will speed up things for you.

Great to hear we have a chance, we too have 150 points and no job offer. Still waiting for that 'successfull' :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

BEVS Jun 24th 2009 9:36 am

You know , I thought I made a post to this earlier. :unsure:

Out of interest what occupation and skill trade did you submit your EOI under.

It may be that the recruiter is wanting to make sure that you will be able to gain PR in NZ as perhaps the occupation is not on the shortages lists.

If it isn't then the NZ employer would need an Approval in Principle unless you already have PR.