EOI

Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Question EOI

Hi There

Is there anyone out there who had an EOI selected on the 3/6/09? If so, have you heard anything yet? We are obviously at the early stages of our application but I already have 'immigration finger'.

A
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

samiam2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI

How many points did you have. It also depends on how many points you got and under what criteria you were selected and which branch your eoi was sent to, will decide when you will receive your ITA. But as your eoi was selected in march and its 4 months now...you might want to send INZ an email.

Good luck
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Thanks for this. Apologies, I did the English date version so we were selected from the pool on the 3rd June 2009. We only had 110 points, so were surprised to get pulled so quickly and the website for the London office does say they will review your EOI within a month. I think I am just being impatient!

Just to update anyone who wants information. I have spoken with the London NZHC today and they said it can take up to 3 months to hear after your EOI is selected from the Pool (for applications with no job offer). However, they also said that being selected meant that you would get an ITA. That was what I wanted to hear but I won't be booking a medical until I get something in writing - just in case!

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 11th 2009 at 6:05 am. Reason: merge
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reylan View Post
Just to update anyone who wants information. I have spoken with the London NZHC today and they said it can take up to 3 months to hear after your EOI is selected from the Pool (for applications with no job offer). However, they also said that being selected meant that you would get an ITA. That was what I wanted to hear but I won't be booking a medical until I get something in writing - just in case!
No. Whoever told you that made a mistake or else I have mis-understood what you have written.

Having the EOI drawn from the EOI pool does not automatically mean that an ITA will be issued. It simply means that the EOI has been drawn from the EOI pool and will go forward for checking. NZIS check the information given on the EOI. If they are happy with the EOI information then an ITA would be issued as the next step.

If NZIS find something they are not happy with, qualifications for instance, then the EOI could have points deducted and either returned to the EOI pool or rejected altogether.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for this Bev and I apologise if I mislead anyone. You did understand my message and that is what the lady at INZ London told me. However, as I said earlier, I still await a letter in the post before I believe it.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you that you receive an ITA soon.

I will repeat though for anyone out there reading this that it is NOT automatic that an Invitation to Apply is sent out once an Expression of Interest is pulled from the EOI pool.

What is automatic is that if one submits an EOI with 140 points or more, then that EOI is automatically pulled from the EOI pool for checking.

When an EOI is pulled from the EOI pool, it is then checked by NZIS. If everything checks out and is fine by NZIS, then they will issue an ITA to the applicant. If not, then they will let the applicant know where the problem lays and give the applicant time to comment . If the applicant can fix the problem then OK. If not the EOI is either rejected or put back in the EOI pool.