British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-543710/)

squiddley Jun 18th 2008 3:02 pm

EOI

Got a question...:confused:
We submitted an EOI,and got selected on the 4th june...Anyway received
a letter today from NZIS,saying that the details had been forwarded to their London office,and a case officer will be in touch:eek:
My question is ,has anybody else received the same letter who was selected from the pool on the 4th June.

And also,if everything checks out,how long do we expect to wait for the next step,which i suppose is ITA ???

Thanks in advance:)

Beetrooper Jun 18th 2008 3:31 pm

Re: EOI

Originally Posted by squiddley (Post 6478842)
a letter today from NZIS,saying that the details had been forwarded to their London office,and a case officer will be in touch:eek:
My question is ,has anybody else received the same letter who was selected from the pool on the 4th June.

And also,if everything checks out,how long do we expect to wait for the next step,which i suppose is ITA ???

Hi Squiddley

we also got selected on the 4th June and we received the same letter yesterday.

In the letter it says that this could take 2 - 4 weeks but from what time I am not sure

Niki

squiddley Jun 18th 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks for that..
:thumbsup:
Crossed lines,just sent you a PM
Thanks

nic.gem.soph Jun 19th 2008 5:26 am

Hi, we also got a letter, was very surprised and i thought they didn't contact you.... glad to hear its not just us. I keep looking on their website to see if we change to "successful" but suppose i'll have to be more patient :blink: :)

nic

P2L Jun 21st 2008 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by squiddley (Post 6478842)

Congratulations to the pair of you :thumbsup:

As a timeline, we were selected from the pool on 23rd December, received our EOI on 29th December, submitted it 18th January and had had blue stickers 20th March, this was after queries on my medicalwhere we had to get letters from consultants and doctors and produce further work evidence :eek:

beeblebrox Jun 26th 2008 2:06 pm

Hello All
I am in the same position as everyone else who has posted, I received the letter too but slightly earlier than 18 June if I recall correctly. Selected with job offer, still waiting for further news, and I really hate waiting :-)

squiddley Jun 26th 2008 4:02 pm

Our EOI which was selected from the 4/6/08 pool draw..
became SUCCESSFUL yesterday,:thumbsup:and today we have received the ITA :eek::thumbsup:

Water Lily Jun 26th 2008 4:18 pm

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good! :)

That seems really quick, guess you've got a job offer, you'll have those blue stickers before you know it! I'm jealous :p

squiddley Jun 26th 2008 4:37 pm

Yeah i does feel good,suddenly it seems so real,:eek:
yes i do have a job offer,my wife has also managed to land a job also..:)

Where abouts are you hoping to be settling once you arrive??

Water Lily Jun 26th 2008 6:16 pm

Blimey, double job offer, you lucky things, well done!! :thumbsup:

Where are you heading to then? We have NO IDEA where we'll go, unless we get a job offer and that determines our destination, goodness knows where we'll end up. We loved the whole country when we were there last year so it's really hard to choose.

I know I don't want to go too far south as I want to go somewhere warmer. We really liked ChCh but fear it might not be much warmer than where we are now, and to be honest I've had enough of the British weather after 12 years here and I don't want to find myself in a "out of the frying pan, into the fire" situation!! :unsure: :lol:

We liked the scenery in the South Island but I'm tempted to go North so I can go diving.... but then I won't be able to see the whales in Kaikoura.... or swim with seals in Abel Tasman... decisions, decisions!!!!! :lol:

squiddley Jun 26th 2008 7:45 pm

Decisions eh.....
Well we have never visited NZ,so basically we have ended up where the job offers came,so we are off to sunny Blenheim:thumbsup:,the sooner the better,so the weather can't be any worse than here:)............

Flan Jun 27th 2008 12:13 pm

Hi guys

Congratulations to you for being selected from the pool!

Have become addicted to this forum already! We are a little behind everyone else, just got our qualifications approved by the NZQA (which was a long enough wait for my liking!!) and are hoping to submit our EOI next week - werhoo! :D then I'm sure the real waiting begins!

I'm loving reading everyone else's stories - I can get excited about other's successes whilst we wait for ours! ;)

weejie Jun 27th 2008 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by squiddley (Post 6506385)
Our EOI which was selected from the 4/6/08 pool draw..
became SUCCESSFUL yesterday,:thumbsup:and today we have received the ITA :eek::thumbsup:

Bloody brilliant,just the bit of positivity you need ( reading stepchildren thread avidly:D). Hopefully won't be too long before you are able to submit ITA and get on with things.Well done,

Phyllis:thumbsup: