EOI

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Question EOI

Can anyone give me some advice? i got selected out of the pool two weeks ago and my job offer lasts for three monthswhich i thought was pretty ok, anyway i had 155 points going into the pool so selection was pretty easy, but on the EOI web site there is a froum to ask questionsso i asked the question of how long it takes to get an ITA and i also satated that my job offer only lasts 3 months, i got a reply today stating that a ITA is anything from 3 to 6 months by which time my job offer will have expired!!:curse::curse: so does any body think it will come before that as i have wrote back and told them my job offer will be up beofre those time scales? or when you have a job offer is it normally quicker any advice is welcomed and greatfully recived, i have heard about applying for a work visa is that a good idea while i have been selected out of the pool? or should i wait? and how do you apply for a work visa? cheers Lee.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice
Default Re: EOI

Have you got your police checks and medicals done?

On the medical was there anything more serious that needed a doctors report?

Also with a job offer i got my ITA about 2 weeks after i was selected if that helps.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:00 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: EOI

Hi There
Just to give you an idea of time lines - you are usually fast tracked if you have a job offer - here is what happened with us.

[It does depend somewhat on how quickly you can get the medicals and ITA paperwork together and returned to NZIS as well.]

EOI submitted 22 May 2007
EOI selected 23 May 2007

ITA received 12 June 2007
ITA returned 27 July 2007

PR Visa Approved 03 August 2007

So from us submitting the ITA it took just over three weeks.

My other half told his employer that getting the visa might take some time so they kindly agreed that the validity date for the offer of employment could be extended if needed.

You could always contact the potential employer and ask if they would do the same if the process looked like becoming lengthy.

Good Luck
Shirley
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:58 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leewales
Can anyone give me some advice? i got selected out of the pool two weeks ago and my job offer lasts for three monthswhich i thought was pretty ok, anyway i had 155 points going into the pool so selection was pretty easy, but on the EOI web site there is a froum to ask questionsso i asked the question of how long it takes to get an ITA and i also satated that my job offer only lasts 3 months, i got a reply today stating that a ITA is anything from 3 to 6 months by which time my job offer will have expired!!:curse::curse: so does any body think it will come before that as i have wrote back and told them my job offer will be up beofre those time scales? or when you have a job offer is it normally quicker any advice is welcomed and greatfully recived, i have heard about applying for a work visa is that a good idea while i have been selected out of the pool? or should i wait? and how do you apply for a work visa? cheers Lee.

Hi Lee
Why don't you go for a Work to Residence visa whilst waiting for residency if your application is urgent? I'm led to believe that the turnaround time is about 10 working days. it's an expansive way of doing it, but if you are dependent on the job offer for the points then it solves the problem.

HTH
Old Aug 6th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: EOI

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hi Lee
Why don't you go for a Work to Residence visa whilst waiting for residency if your application is urgent? I'm led to believe that the turnaround time is about 10 working days. it's an expansive way of doing it, but if you are dependent on the job offer for the points then it solves the problem.

HTH
great advice, but and it is a but, i will i get an ITA in the next couple of weeksits all a gamble, but thanks for your advice, Lee
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:30 am
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leewales
great advice, but and it is a but, i will i get an ITA in the next couple of weeksits all a gamble, but thanks for your advice, Lee
Hi...like others that have replied, the job offer is key, i got an ITA two weeks after putting my EOI in...i would get your medicals and police check forms sent it...these can take 4 weeks or so to come back.
Good luck