British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI with 125 points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-125-points-725181/)

Ahmed_2010 Jul 17th 2011 5:53 am

EOI with 125 points

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me that with 125 points for EOI do i need must job offer letter ? or can i go with 125 points without job offer ?

I am asking because recently I see who has less than 140 points they are asking for job offer .. so is this new policy ? or this is temporary ?

Thanks

ellenarosemary Jul 17th 2011 6:38 pm

Re: EOI with 125 points

If you havent got a job offer or you are not claiming any points for skills shortage, I wouldnt bother to go in the EOI - they are only picking those with over 140 points, a job offer, or on LTSS shortage list. If you look at the figures they havent picked anyone without the above since 2009.

Kija Jul 17th 2011 7:48 pm

Here is a history of EOI selection points over recent years:

http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...tionPoints.htm

EOI selections appear to be lower towards the end of the year but with the new changes set to start on the 25th I doubt it will get any easier.

BEVS Jul 18th 2011 6:56 am

Thank you Kija

Sensible advice

Ahmed_2010 Jul 18th 2011 8:07 am

OK Thanks a lot for all of your replies.

My profession (software developer) is on LTSS but I don't have job offer.

Thanks

Persephone Jul 18th 2011 11:06 pm

If you are claiming bonus points for work experience or a qualification in absolute shortage [LTSSL] then you have a much better chance of being selected. Have a look at the link from Kija as to the history of selection points as that will show you how how likely you are to be selected. You do not necessarily need a job offer to be selected- I had 130 pts, no job offer but with 15pts for work exp in an area of skills shortage [and it's that final bit that got me selected].

Without those bonus points then the chances would be slim, hence the need to get a job offer to push you into a 'higher category'. Your chances of selection are not on points total alone.

Kija Jul 19th 2011 8:34 am

Cheers BEVS :) Good to see you back :thumbup:

Ahmed_2010 Jul 19th 2011 9:09 am

Thanks Persephone and All.

But in the last two times who has less than 140 points they are asking for job or job offer :

13 July 2011
Selection criteria:

All those with a job or job offer that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140 points.

From this I am assuming they might implement new rule ?

Persephone Jul 20th 2011 11:57 am

No, the selections are the same as they always have been. No indication that things are changing.

Look at the total numbers picked- always around 550-700.
They will always pick all of those in each category.

My take on it is that NZIS have a set number they aim to pick out at each draw and if enough EOIs have >140pts or a job offer then they don't pick from the next category which is 15 bonus pts for work exp in absolute shortage. It happens sometimes. Just means a lot were submitted that fortnight that fitted into the top two categories that are picked.

Stormer999 Jul 20th 2011 1:04 pm

So 'P' my wife is claiming 130 points with 15 points in area of absolute skills shortage (LTSS) and actively applying for jobs in NZ so is it sensible to submit our EOI now and is it possible to add a points for a job offer at any point?

Persephone Jul 21st 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9506887)
So 'P' my wife is claiming 130 points with 15 points in area of absolute skills shortage (LTSS) and actively applying for jobs in NZ so is it sensible to submit our EOI now and is it possible to add a points for a job offer at any point?

Hello 'S'!
Yes, you can submit an EOI and then add a job offer to it at a later date. You can change an EOI online once submitted but not once selected, you need to contact NZIS directly for that [or it was like that when I applied 3y ago] You can definitely add in a job offer ans extra points whichever way you do it.

As for submitting now, all depends on whether the last two draws are a temporary blip or an ongoing trend. Of the last 39 draws only three have not selected those with 15pts in an area of skills shortage. I would say that the odds are in your favour!

Stormer999 Jul 21st 2011 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9508994)
Hello 'S'!
Yes, you can submit an EOI and then add a job offer to it at a later date. You can change an EOI online once submitted but not once selected, you need to contact NZIS directly for that [or it was like that when I applied 3y ago] You can definitely add in a job offer ans extra points whichever way you do it.

As for submitting now, all depends on whether the last two draws are a temporary blip or an ongoing trend. Of the last 39 draws only three have not selected those with 15pts in an area of skills shortage. I would say that the odds are in your favour!

Many thanks Persephone thats the reply I hoped for and the last 3 draws have been a bit unkind.......:thumbup:

Persephone Jul 21st 2011 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9509008)
Many thanks Persephone thats the reply I hoped for and the last 3 draws have been a bit unkind.......:thumbup:

Last two draws;) The third one was in 2010 sometime and I'm too lazy to look up when, think it was Jan 2010:)

Stormer999 Jul 21st 2011 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9509023)
Last two draws;) The third one was in 2010 sometime and I'm too lazy to look up when, think it was Jan 2010:)

I'm not a gambling man but even I can see good odds when they appear..;):thumbsup:

Persephone Jul 21st 2011 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9509026)
I'm not a gambling man but even I can see good odds when they appear..;):thumbsup:

I like your style! 130pts, no job offer and 15pts etc etc was my lucky combination as well and I was selected only 30mins after submission due to fortuitous timing, obsessive rechecking of the EOI until 1am and the time difference:thumbsup:Good luck