EOI with 125 points

Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

elasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: EOI with 125 points

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Many thanks Persephone thats the reply I hoped for and the last 3 draws have been a bit unkind.......

Change that to "the last FOUR draws have been a bit unkind" :

The most recent selection of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) under the Skilled Migrant Category
took place at approximately 1:00 pm NZ time on Wednesday, 27 July 2011.

The following EOIs were selected:

All those with a points total of 140 or more = 491 EOIs (969 registrants).

All those with a job or job offer that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140 points = 102 EOIs (236 registrants).

As a result, 593 EOIs representing 1205 people were selected and will now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.

The next selection will take place in a fortnight.

They sure are just dealing with EOI's over 140 and job offers at the moment.... wish the pendulum would swing back to what it was like in June and before...
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

HHmm . Yup !

Times and recession are biting. NZIS and the Dept of LAbour etc tend to set the quota for each year. So, if more people with 140 and over +/- job offers apply , then others get pushed out.

FYI only. When we applied back in 2004 , no-one under 140 was picked.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

elasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant future

Thanks for that Bev, I have 135 on my EOI, soooo wish I could get that extra 5 points from somewhere lol

Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked my EOI status online today and had to re-rub my eyes and look again, my status changed to "selected".... (I had 135 points on my EOI with 15 points in the LTSSL for jobs)

what happens next guys? I'm a little nervous at this end...

Paul
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:58 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elasmo1
Just checked my EOI status online today and had to re-rub my eyes and look again, my status changed to "selected".... (I had 135 points on my EOI with 15 points in the LTSSL for jobs)

what happens next guys? I'm a little nervous at this end...

Paul
Congratulations!!!!

Next you'll be sent an ITA (Invitation to Apply) if I'm not mistaken! In the meantime a bit of celebrating wouldn't be amiss! Well done!!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Kija,

Thanks for the input! I'm obviously happy that I got selected but am still a little cautious at the moment.. I don't think I will celebrate properly until I get an invitation to apply. I have heard about some people here that have had their EOIs re-assessed and then thrown back in the pool with a lower mark than before. Not saying that I put down any wrong information but I've been through the American system here in the US and I NEVER "count my chickens"...

keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

mate
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:30 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elasmo1
Hey Kija,

Thanks for the input! I'm obviously happy that I got selected but am still a little cautious at the moment.. I don't think I will celebrate properly until I get an invitation to apply. I have heard about some people here that have had their EOIs re-assessed and then thrown back in the pool with a lower mark than before. Not saying that I put down any wrong information but I've been through the American system here in the US and I NEVER "count my chickens"...

keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

I know what you mean, our EOI was chucked back into the pool but that won't happen to you. I also know what you mean about being anxious - the whole process is nerve wracking! But you can be what OH calls "cautiously happy"! Waiting to hear good news from you soon
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ye Kija,

I guess I could interpret this as jumping over the first "hurdle" in a succession of hurdles. Ideally I'd just like to forget about it and not think about (hopefully) getting the ITA sent by NZIS, but let's face it... that isn't possible

I'm just gonna have to deal with the nerves until I hear something, good luck to everyone on their journey out there!

Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

just one more question... maybe Bev or Kija can help me with this one?

IF and that's only IF I was to get the ITA and start the work to residency procedure, would I have to do that from here in the US? Or would I be able to continue doing that in NZ?

The reason I ask is that I was planning on going to NZ in Feb 2012 to talk to prospective employers, and I don't know how long the whole process takes to get a work to residence visa and if you have to stay in one place while applying for it?

Any advice, as always, is immensely appreciated

Thanks everyone

Paul
Old Aug 15th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

I was speaking briefly with a friend yesterday who had experience with the EOI application process and we touched on the whole subject of what constitutes "recognized work experience". Unfortunately it looks like my postgraduate studies don't count and also volunteer work is not counted either

So I'm expecting my EOI to get put back in the pool with a lower score, although I haven't heard anything from NZIS yet. I guess it's back to the original plan, getting down to NZ and talking with prospective employers because the only way I'm gonna get >140 points is with a job offer now...

oh well...
Old Aug 27th 2011, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

jnathan is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, what happens when you got less than 140, say 125-135, submitted the EOI and has not been selected in the draw. Will you again be taken count by NZIS for another draw? what if you miss that as well? how many times you'd be taken into count?
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You are in the pool for 6 months, if you dont get picked during that time (picked every 2 weeks), then you have to start all over again as you are removed and you will have to re-submit your EOI if you think its worth it.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

jnathan is an unknown quantity at this point

ellenarosemary,

I dont have much time left for my IELTS to expire, so I wanna submit my EOI in a month from now but I dont know if my Bachelors and Masters degree would be recognized by NZIS but I do know that My country is not in the list of exempted countries. Moreover, it could take more than a month to get the assessment report from NZQA. I'd like to submit the EOI now and want to send my Degrees to NZQA for their assessment.

Now, Can I submit my edited EOI later within the 6 months of my 1st submission with the update ; that is with the assessment report from NZQA?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 10:42 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I like your style! 130pts, no job offer and 15pts etc etc was my lucky combination as well and I was selected only 30mins after submission due to fortuitous timing, obsessive rechecking of the EOI until 1am and the time differenceGood luck
Well 'P' we put EOI in towards end of July and were selected 10th August pick. (3 weeks) Now awaiting verification by NZ London and hopefully assigned a case officer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.