EOI 105pts

Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:15 am
Just Joined

an irish googly is a jewel in the roughan irish googly is a jewel in the roughan irish googly is a jewel in the roughan irish googly is a jewel in the rough
Default EOI 105pts

Hi Guys

After my last post I got plenty of advice from memebers saying I should apply for my visa- get it and then locate employment.

I have been in contact with a couple of agencies who are saying they will manage the whole process of filling out EOI forms, get a job offer (they are confident they will get one for me- cant guarentee it but 100% confident) etc

Their fee is over 4000eur

They say without a job offer my points is 105 and wont be selected at any stage (it will just expire)

With a job offer my points would be 165!

I am quite happy to fill out my EOI wait for it to be selected ( I can be patient!) and then set about finding a job.

The threshold is 100 points- I have an IT degree (worth 50 points) I have 18 years of senior management experience in retail organisations (which anyone I have spoken to in NZ say they are crying out for)

At 105 will my EOI ever be selected or will it just sit there beaten by others with higher points?

Has anyone ever been selected at this level?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:23 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI 105pts

The points threshold for selection from the pool varies and these variations are published on the NZ Immigration website - should be easy to find although the site is a bit of a mare to navigate.
As far as retail jobs go then you could look at this thread and the OP there...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464465
Plenty of expansion at Albany Westfield Mall - Trinny and Susanah are here next week or something - I might go and do a streak........erm, maybe not as my mate did the fire engineering design on the mall and he would hear about it......
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:31 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by an irish googly
I have been in contact with a couple of agencies who are saying they will manage the whole process of filling out EOI forms, get a job offer (they are confident they will get one for me- cant guarantee it but 100% confident) etc.

Bloody hell! That's a lot of money, nearly NZD$8000 for a few phone calls and several hours input on the computer.

They say without a job offer my points is 105 and wont be selected at any stage (it will just expire)
They are selling their services, like. They're trying to convince you that they have the key and will unlock the immigration genie if you hand over 4000 Euros.

Then get a job!

I am quite happy to fill out my EOI wait for it to be selected ( I can be patient!) and then set about finding a job.
You really need that job to improve your chances of getting selected. 105 points is not impressive.

The threshold is 100 points- I have an IT degree (worth 50 points) I have 18 years of senior management experience in retail organisations (which anyone I have spoken to in NZ say they are crying out for)

At 105 will my EOI ever be selected or will it just sit there beaten by others with higher points?
Without a job offer your EOI likely will gather dust. Who knows though? Maybe you'll make the selection.

Nobody that I know of, but that isn't to say that it hasn't happened. Good question. Has anyone been selected with 105 points and no job offer?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:11 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
...Nobody that I know of, but that isn't to say that it hasn't happened. Good question. Has anyone been selected with 105 points and no job offer?
when NZIS want more people in and there are fewer applicants the points cut off goes down - as I recall (senior moment nothwithstanding) back in 2004/5 when we started looking selection from pool happened at 100 points - it's all there on the website somwehere though you might find it hard to locate
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

After my last post I got plenty of advice from memebers saying I should apply for my visa- get it and then locate employment.

I have been in contact with a couple of agencies who are saying they will manage the whole process of filling out EOI forms, get a job offer (they are confident they will get one for me- cant guarentee it but 100% confident) etc

Hi,
We got selected with 100 points after a couple of months waiting. Every now and again immigration pick some of the people without job offers if numbers are low.
I would suggest filling the EOI in yourself and submitting it, then look at agencies like www.seek.co.nz here for a job.
If your jobs that much in demand i'm sure you could secure a job from there and add it to your EOI to bump up the points.

Good luck
Carole
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:10 am
you dewty owld maan!

From the NZIS site, Skilled Migrant section:
New Zealand Immigration Programme – Skilled Migrant Fortnightly Selection
Friday, December 24, 2004
As some customers experienced difficulties submitting EOIs, the SMC selection was delayed until 3pm today when 833 EOIs were drawn, representing 1990 people. The selection point was 100.
To ensure continuity over the holiday season, the points required for the next two selections has been set at 100. If the number of EOIs in pool at the time of selection exceed 1300, however, the selection point may be reconsidered to ensure an even flow of applications. The selections will take place at 1pm (NZ time) on January 5 and 19 2005.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:16 am
you dewty owld maan!

From the latest detailed report I can find - if you have work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage then you could be OK without a job offer, but an offer will speed everything up, especially the time from EOI submission to the grant of the Visa, Good Luck
New Zealand Residence Programme
Fortnightly Selection Statistics – 19 December 2007
1. Selection 19 December 2007– Skilled Migrant Category
The most recent selection of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) under the
Skilled Migrant Category took place on 19 December 2007.
• 582 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 140 or above;
• 146 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but
less than 140, and included points for offers of skilled employment
or current skilled employment in New Zealand.
• 51 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but
less than 140, and included 15 points for work experience in an
area of absolute skill shortage.
• 20 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but
less than 140, and included 10 points for work experience in an
area of absolute skill shortage.
As a result, 799 EOIs representing 1,685 people were selected and will
now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply
for residency will be issued.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

I think you should have more than 105....can you recheck yr numbers?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think that chatting with the Wellies It group is a good starter for ten.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:53 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya googly,

You need to ask yourself if you were an overseas employer, would you employ someone you'd never met, through an agency?...

I wouldn't, either.

Originally Posted by Knightm
I think you should have more than 105....can you recheck yr numbers?
Good starting point. I don't have an IT degree, lost me loadsa points. Do you have experience in IT that you can prove? What are your points when do you the check on the NZIS website? You can register for free and do everything but submit the actual EOI, without shelling out any money. Highly recommended you do it.

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I think that chatting with the Wellies It group is a good starter for ten.
Absolutely definitely!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:56 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Maz
Hiya googly,
You need to ask yourself if you were an overseas employer, would you employ someone you'd never met, through an agency?...
I wouldn't, either.
Good starting point. I don't have an IT degree, lost me loadsa points. Do you have experience in IT that you can prove? What are your points when do you the check on the NZIS website? You can register for free and do everything but submit the actual EOI, without shelling out any money. Highly recommended you do it.
Absolutely definitely!
many employers looking for professionals will offer jobs on the basis of telephone interviews alone. Did so for MrsL and would have done for me with the job I was interested in before we came. I think that also goes for senior retail posts and lots of the professions where the company needs overseas workers to fill jobs that they can't recruit to easily. MrsL's employer was prepared to do summersaults to get her over on the basis of telephone references and a telephone interview, changing the terms of the offer (at our request) twice before we arrived - they almost bit her arm off, I'd say............
Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

yes sometimes tel interviews and reference checks are the order of the day for roles they are finding difficult to fill
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:41 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
many employers looking for professionals will offer jobs on the basis of telephone interviews alone. Did so for MrsL and would have done for me with the job I was interested in before we came. I think that also goes for senior retail posts and lots of the professions where the company needs overseas workers to fill jobs that they can't recruit to easily. MrsL's employer was prepared to do summersaults to get her over on the basis of telephone references and a telephone interview, changing the terms of the offer (at our request) twice before we arrived - they almost bit her arm off, I'd say............
Most definitely. It's how I managed to land my job. However, I wouldn't (personally) hire someone when I'd only known *of* them through an agency, KWIM?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Maz
Most definitely. It's how I managed to land my job. However, I wouldn't (personally) hire someone when I'd only known *of* them through an agency, KWIM?
yeah, true enough, recruitment agencies have their good and bad sides - may last job in UK was landed via an agency (the partners did not want to go through the rigmorole), some very senior appointments here are also done that way - one at ESR that someone in the forensic community advised me to apply for last week was one such........
but then the employer would get to meet you
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

kgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura aboutkgreen07 has a spectacular aura about

just to let you know we got selected from the pool with 105 points and no job offer after 15 days so dont listen to anyone who tells you its not possible!! Good luck
katherine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.