British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI with 100 points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-100-points-802925/)

luqmans65 Jul 15th 2013 11:50 am

EOI with 100 points

hi all, posting on behalf of a friend. he is currently having 100 points of NZ immigration in the skilled migrant category.
kindly let me know will he be selected from the EOI pool having 100 points?

Persephone Jul 15th 2013 4:01 pm

Re: EOI with 100 points

Hello Lugman
I have copied your post from the other thread as it may not get looked at in that thread.
Are these questions about your friend with 100 points as you seem to be talking about yourself here?;)

hey any one please guide me about the
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage (does this mean that you have experience whether it is NZ or any country in that skill)
10 points: work in a region outside Auckland ??

"And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:" i have the work experience in this area but not in NZ.

The categories above refer to those applicants who are applying with a job offer or who are already working in NZ only. You would not be able to claim these points without a job offer. This would explain the difference between your 130pts in this post and your 100 in the other post.

And if the work experience is in absolute shortage skills: yes i have experience in ICT.

You can claim points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. This work experience can be anywhere in the world. You have experience in IT so the comparable labour market issue isn't a problem

calculating my points are 130. can any body help me will i be selected from the EOI pool having 130 points.
Have a look at the History of selection points here:
History of Selection Points

So far this year only those with >140pts and those with job offers have been selected [apart from one draw where those with >135 and 15 pts work experience in an area of skills shortage were selected]
This is the trend at the moment so I would say the chances of you being selected with 100 or even 130 pts are pretty much non existent. You really need to get a job offer to give you a chance. Things could change drastically but it's unlikely. Sorry

luqmans65 Jul 15th 2013 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10801219)
Hello Lugman
I have copied your post from the other thread as it may not get looked at in that thread.
Are these questions about your friend with 100 points as you seem to be talking about yourself here?;)

Have a look at the History of selection points here:
History of Selection Points

So far this year only those with >140pts and those with job offers have been selected [apart from one draw where those with >135 and 15 pts work experience in an area of skills shortage were selected]
This is the trend at the moment so I would say the chances of you being selected with 100 or even 130 pts are pretty much non existent. You really need to get a job offer to give you a chance. Things could change drastically but it's unlikely. Sorry

Ok what about if he score 130?

luqmans65 Jul 15th 2013 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by luqmans65 (Post 10801232)

yes i am asking all these for one of my friend. he is going to submit an EOI. i told him let me ask someone if it goes right then do it.

Persephone Jul 15th 2013 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by luqmans65 (Post 10801232)

Not unless that 130 points contains points for a job offer:( Have a look at the link in my post above to the history of selection points. This shows you what has been drawn out every fortnight for the last few years. Look at this year's draws and see what has been selected so far. I can't say your friend's EOI will not be selected but it would not have been selected at any point so far this year...
If he submits the EOI it will stay in the pool for 6 months, if not selected in that time then it will be withdrawn.

Persephone Jul 15th 2013 4:29 pm

Is this the same friend that you said had 100 points? :confused:

luqmans65 Jul 15th 2013 5:42 pm

Yes

luqmans65 Jul 15th 2013 5:59 pm

well actually he is confused in two points

10 points: work in an identified future growth area
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage
he has worked but in UK, not in new zealand so can he obtain this bonus points. his skill is ICT network administrator and that comes in identified future growth area and in an area of absolute skills shortage.

secondly the website states that
Bonus points for work experience in New Zealand:
Five points: one year
10 points: two years
15 points: three or more years.
And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:
10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
15 points: 6 or more years experience.
And if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
10 points: 2 to 5 years
15 points: 6 or more years.

so again here he hasnt worked in newzealand can he claim this bonus? please guide me

Persephone Jul 15th 2013 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by luqmans65 (Post 10801447)

he has worked but in UK, not in new zealand so can he obtain this bonus points. his skill is ICT network administrator and that comes in identified future growth area and in an area of absolute skills shortage.

The above categories refer to those with a job or job offer in NZ ONLY. Your friend has neither of these so he cannot claim these points

He cannot claim for WE in NZ as he hasn't worked in NZ!

These categories refer to work experience in general anywhere in the world. He can only claim points for WE in an identified future growth area IF he has a job or job offer.
He CAN claim pts for WE in an area of absolute skills shortage without a job or job offer in NZ

so again here he hasnt worked in newzealand can he claim this bonus? please guide me

So of the categories mentioned in your post, he can only claim for work experience in an area of absolute shortage.

SM13.10 Work experience in an identified future growth area

Recognised work experience in an identified future growth area qualifies for points if:
a.the principal applicant has points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area (see SM8.10); and
b.the experience is relevant to that employment (see SM7.10.10).

SM13.10.1 Evidence

Recognised work experience in an identified future growth area only qualifies for bonus points if the principal applicant provides evidence that satisfies an immigration officer that their work experience meets the requirements of SM13.10 above.

luqmans65 Jul 15th 2013 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10801459)
So of the categories mentioned in your post, he can only claim for work experience in an area of absolute shortage.

ok thanks a lot queen of the underworld. :)

Persephone Jul 15th 2013 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by luqmans65 (Post 10801529)
ok thanks a lot queen of the underworld. :)

Glad to help:)
Good luck!

M_and_M Jul 16th 2013 9:25 am

Pot luck, my feeling would be less likely, but I have heard it happen

mikelincs Jul 16th 2013 10:04 am

Originally Posted by luqmans65 (Post 10801447)

As he has NOT worked in New Zealand, then he obviously cannot claim bonus points for working in New Zealand

Persephone Jul 16th 2013 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by M_and_M (Post 10802422)
Pot luck, my feeling would be less likely, but I have heard it happen

Only likely to happen at the moment if the OP has a job offer whether they have 100 or 130 points.
Over time the categories that are selected will change depending on numbers submitted so it's entirely possible someone in the past has been selected with 100pts and no job offer.
I was selected with 130pts and no job offer but it's unlikely I would be selected if I applied now;)

M_and_M Jul 16th 2013 6:07 pm

Ooooh are they clamping down?