British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   The EOI 100 point mark...chances of selection? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-100-point-mark-chances-selection-633377/)

ratm1968 Sep 30th 2009 7:42 pm

The EOI 100 point mark...chances of selection?

Hi everyone,

Have just submitted an EOI (100 points) - basically my hons degree and ten years experience as a school finance/admin manager. No job offer or experience/qualifications in a 'demand occupation'.

Are my chances any better now, following the last selection (reduced to 110 mark), leaving only 220 in the pool, all who you have to assume are at the same 100 point mark, as they were not selected?

Thought it may be worth having a bash given the low munber of applications sitting in the pool.

Any advice/opinions welcome please.

BEVS Sep 30th 2009 10:28 pm

Re: The EOI 100 point mark...chances of selection?

There will be new EOIs joining the pool all the time.

Please have a read of this somewhat old post re EOI selection criteria, taken from the NZIS website.

LukeandJo Oct 1st 2009 5:52 am

If you look on the immigration websites latest news you will see 173 EOI were categorised:

"All EOIs between 110 and 135 points where there is no points claim for a job or job offer, work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage or qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage. These were ranked in descending order of points."

There's you competition
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...iselection.htm

ratm1968 Oct 1st 2009 3:32 pm

Does the low remaining number of EOIs left in the pool necessarily mean a lower threshold for selection next week then, or do they tend to fill up quickly over the fortnight and reselect at 110 and above?

Is this lower threshold points total decided ministerially? It has been 120, then 115 and now 110. For very personal and selfish reasons i would prefer it to be 100!

BEVS Oct 1st 2009 9:45 pm

No idea. You will have to wait see I guess.

garfield250 Oct 1st 2009 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by ratm1968 (Post 7981009)
Does the low remaining number of EOIs left in the pool necessarily mean a lower threshold for selection next week then, or do they tend to fill up quickly over the fortnight and reselect at 110 and above?

Is this lower threshold points total decided ministerially? It has been 120, then 115 and now 110. For very personal and selfish reasons i would prefer it to be 100!

The pool will refill with new EOI's if you check on the NZ Immigration webpages there is information on the processes involved and how selection criteria is made.

GILDOC Oct 5th 2009 9:10 pm

Hi, can I ask what areas you got points in?
I am an admin supervisor, only have an HNC but I seem to get 125 points in the points indicator (I am in process of completing EOI) don't know if the difference is being that my oh has a recognised qualification too. :)

ratm1968 Oct 6th 2009 9:11 pm

Aye no probs, all my points - as partner only NVQ level 2 qualified, which i dont think i can claim points for.

Myself: 100 - 50 (level 7 hons degree); 30 (10yrs work experience comparative labour market) and 20 (age 40-44yrs).

I think you receive 20 for partner, and your extra 5 because you are in a younger age bracket?

Praying for 100 selection, but not expecting it in the next six months, but thought sod it for the sake of £30 per month for the EOI fee.

GILDOC Oct 7th 2009 11:48 am

I would double check or maybe I should too! The points I am claiming fior my dh's qualification is for an NVQ level 2, I am sure it states it being as recognised. Perhaps someone else could tell us if this is correct? :confused:

blackburn lass Oct 7th 2009 2:40 pm

Hi,

Where did you see NVQ recognised? I wasn't going to claim points for my level 3, but if you can.....:thumbsup:

Dawn x

blackburn lass Oct 7th 2009 3:33 pm

Hi,

Just foung the answer to my question. If you go on the immigration website and find the 'Amendment Circular 2' under UK about page 118 it says you can claim for NVQ's at level 3 if the qualification is relevant to an occupation listed in Part B of the List of Skilled Occupations.

See I'm starting to understand their words now!

Dawn X

BEVS Oct 7th 2009 8:47 pm

you can claim for NVQ's at level 3 if the qualification is relevant to an occupation listed in Part B of the List of Skilled Occupations.

See I'm starting to understand their words now!

Dawn X
10 out of 10 and a gold star. :)

Have some karma.