Entry window

Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice
Default Entry window

Hi all, I was wondering, for those who have won entry to NZ, how long you have before your offer expires (if it does)?

With our work visas back in 2003, you have about 6 months to enter before the offer ran expired.

thanks

I'm asking this because I'm working three jobs as I'd like to take a pot of gold with me to NZ.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:16 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry window

It depends on what kind of visa you get granted. I see you've submitted an EOI, so I'm guessing you're going for PR.

If that is case, I can help

We were given until Feb 09 to apply to get our visas (lovely blue stickers I'm told) on our passports, so 6 months. Then you have 1 year to go to NZ, your visas would get "activated" on entry. So if you're not in a hurry to go, and would rather stay and save up, if granted PR you would have 18 months to get to NZ.

Good luck!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice
Default Re: Entry window

Hi Water Lily,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we're applying for PR under the skilled migrant category. So if it is as you said 18 months that your given to enter NZ, then this will be great because I'll need the pennies to get a new cave (house) over there. I remember when I went to nz on a work permit, it allowed you a year to enter.

Thanks again