British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   entry with Australian Pr visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/entry-australian-pr-visa-674698/)

coffeeaddict Jun 30th 2010 9:23 pm

entry with Australian Pr visa

So we finally got a reply by post stating that with our Ozzy Pr visa we will be given Perimant residence for New Zealand on arrival:thumbsup:

The term they have used for this route is "shifting"

Just got to leave whilst its still valid:thumbup:

JAJ Jul 4th 2010 2:06 am

Re: entry with Australian Pr visa

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict (Post 8668754)
So we finally got a reply by post stating that with our Ozzy Pr visa we will be given Perimant residence for New Zealand on arrival

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Austra...ts-New_Zealand

I recommend you take advice from a NZ immigration lawyer on whether you will be able to get a New Zealand Returning Resident Visa after your Australian visa expires.

rushmere Jul 5th 2010 11:48 am

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict (Post 8668754)
So we finally got a reply by post stating that with our Ozzy Pr visa we will be given Perimant residence for New Zealand on arrival:thumbsup:

The term they have used for this route is "shifting"

Just got to leave whilst its still valid:thumbup:

We're doing exactly the same. We've already travelled to New Zealand once on the Australian visa to confirm that we would be given a permanent NZ visa on entry, and it definitely worked that way!

As JAJ suggests, the only issue seems to be during the gap between the Australian PR expiring and getting NZ Citizenship, and whether we'll be able to freely move in and out of NZ with a NZ RRV during that time. NZ seem to positively encourage Australian PR's to move to NZ, and although they told me that they can't guarantee we will get a RRV, they did say we can apply and will get one if we meet the criteria, so I'm not personally worried about it. The worst case is we would have to stay in NZ until we get citizenship. However, you may want to make your own enquiries to confirm your status if you haven't already done so.

coffeeaddict Jul 5th 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks for you reply guys...

Yes we might need to check this out, but we have no plans to need to leave unless its for good:frown:
However we can never discount the fact that we might have to for some other unforseen reason and on this basis it needs checking..

Atm i feel like its a route in the back door so to speak and it is a huge financial saving for us too:thumbup:

JAJ Jul 9th 2010 3:56 am

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict (Post 8679581)

Yes we might need to check this out, but we have no plans to need to leave unless its for good

No plans to leave ... not even for vacation?

BEVS Jul 9th 2010 6:58 am

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict (Post 8679581)

Yes we might need to check this out, but we have no plans to need to leave unless its for good:frown:
However we can never discount the fact that we might have to for some other unforseen reason and on this basis it needs checking..

Atm i feel like its a route in the back door so to speak and it is a huge financial saving for us too:thumbup:

UUmm. Please do check.

You may need an IRRV or an RRV. A holiday offshore for instance.

coffeeaddict Jul 9th 2010 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 8688168)
No plans to leave ... not even for vacation?

Only vacations for a good few years will be in NZ...

JAJ Jul 9th 2010 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict (Post 8689992)
Only vacations for a good few years will be in NZ...

You will need an NZ RRV to get back into Australia as a resident (unless your Australian visa remains valid).