English Language

Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice
Default English Language

Hi there, how did you all clarify your english language skills on the SMC when you are born, bred and educated in the UK? How do you prove primary education? And secondary come to that if you can't find your certificates? I've got a degree certificate in the UK but OH hasn't and will need to prove english ability. Seems a stupid question maybe but I don't know how to answer it.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Language

I just chose one of the options (can't remember which one now), but it give you a space for remarks and I put I was born and educated in the UK.

I had no come back on this and my PR was granted.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

We agree with Teebrown all we did was tick minimum standard and added to the comments totally educated in the uk primary through to secondary and if required uni....
Good luck... I am sure they could put an extra box for educated totally in english.... it would make life much more easier for most...
Steve and Dee.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by over50 View Post
We agree with Teebrown all we did was tick minimum standard and added to the comments totally educated in the uk primary through to secondary and if required uni....
Good luck... I am sure they could put an extra box for educated totally in english.... it would make life much more easier for most...
Steve and Dee.
I selected "Otherwise meet the minimum standard" and explained in the comments box that English is my native language.

When my ITA arrived, is stated "You are not required to provide evidence of Enhlish proficieny".

Hope this clears things up!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Thanks for this, I always find it hard to explain the easy things!