English Evidence for Partner

Old Oct 13th 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation English Evidence for Partner

Hi every one
I and my Partner are now filling our EOI, and we will submit the same soon.
I am the main applicant and I am claiming bonus points for my partner's qualification.
I wonder if my Partner needs to meet the requirements by getting 6.5 as an overall IELTS band score , in order to accept our claim for the bonus points of Partner's qualification?! (I heve seen this condition in the EOI form)
Is it necessary to get this score? I have managed to get 7 in IELTS , but I doubt if my wife can be able to get 6.5 due to her moderate level of English, and if she takes IELTS she probably will get 5.5 as a maximum.

Appreciate your support regarding this?

Sam
Old Oct 13th 2012, 9:50 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Evidence for Partner

taken from Immigration website

Everyone else included in the application who is aged 16 and over must also meet a minimum standard of English
You have a recent IELTS certificate with an overall band score of 5 or better in the General or Academic modules.

What if we do not meet the minimum standard?
A partner or child aged 16 or over who does not meet the requirements above, they can still meet our standard by paying for English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). This allows them to improve their English after they arrive in New Zealand.

You pay for the level of course required depending on your current level of English. If you have no IELTS certificate, or a score below 3.5, you have to pay the full amount. But if you have had an IELTS test and your score was 3.5 or above, you will pay less.

If overall IELTS band score is... ... then you'll pay
4.5 or more but below 5 NZ$1,700
4 or more but below 4.5 NZ$3,350
3.5 or more but below 4 NZ$5,000
Below 3.5 NZ$6,650
You purchase tuition from New Zealand's Tertiary Education Commission. You must pay us for the ESOL training before we will grant your residence class visa. The fee includes the tuition cost and an administration fee.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...apply/english/

read through the whole page to ascertain your requirement as I only skimmed through it
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks MrsFychan for your prompt reply.

I have gone through this page before, and on the same Immigration website I have checked the Recognized Qualification section; and I have noticed the footer note calrifying English requirements if bonus points calimed for Partners Qualification. Let me paste the details here on (I have only pasted related Partner's details).

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ns/default.htm

"Bonus points for Qualifications
You may qualify for bonus points if your recognised qualification is in an area in which skills are in demand in New Zealand and which will help build New Zealand’s economy.

"Bonus conditions Points
Partner qualifications***
- recognised level 4-6 qualification 10
- recognised level 7+ qualification 20

***To gain bonus points for your partner’s qualification, your partner needs to meet the same English language requirements as you."

I am a bit confused now; as above condition seems to be mandatory for Partner to have similar level of English as of the main applicant if bonus points are claimed for Partner's qualification !!

Sam
Old Oct 13th 2012, 8:31 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes does seem if you want to claim points for your wife she will need to have the same level as you. What is the points difference if not claiming for her ?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Yes does seem if you want to claim points for your wife she will need to have the same level as you. What is the points difference if not claiming for her ?
Yeah MrsFychan,

We will be loosing 20 points if not claiming for her, so we will be standing at 125 as total points of EOI. In such case; there will be no automatic draw from the pool, and I am not sure when my EOI with 125 points can be selected! I have checked the history of EOI selection from the pool on the immigtration website, and 125 points seems to be rarely selected
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:10 am

looks like you might have to get her to take the test and see what scores she gets if you want to include her qualification points.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

In my opinion , from what you have written, your wife will need the IELTS to claim the bonus points.

Yes. 125 is a bit low to be pulled from the pool , especially without a job offer.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice

but what i know is like...if the principal applicant got a recognized degree (taught in english), IELTS is not prerequisite, so as his/her partner! my hubby claim bonus point of my qualifications. But when we fill the EOI, we didn't put my IELTS result there. We just play safe to include my IELTS result when submitting our ITA.

info from immigration website:
However, you may not have to take the IELTS test, if you can show us that you:
- have a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English
- have ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been in the job for at least the last 12 months
- have other evidence that you are competent in English - we will consider the evidence that you provide.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 2:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes. However, the OP has not stated that any of the 3 apply.

Seems not

- have ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been in the job for at least the last 12 months
No.

- have other evidence that you are competent in English - we will consider the evidence that you provide.
Would have to prove.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fele
but what i know is like...if the principal applicant got a recognized degree (taught in english), IELTS is not prerequisite, so as his/her partner! my hubby claim bonus point of my qualifications. But when we fill the EOI, we didn't put my IELTS result there. We just play safe to include my IELTS result when submitting our ITA.

info from immigration website:
However, you may not have to take the IELTS test, if you can show us that you:
Hi Fele,
My wife has done here Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.The entire program was taught in English,and I do have an official written proof for that form her university.
I am thinking of letting her take the test, but I am not sure whether I can just submit my EOI now, or shall I wait till she can finish the test and see what result she will get before the submission of the EOI!
What I know that NZIS will do a primary verification on the EOI information provided; and when they see the selection under the Partner's English Language Ability section like this"Study for a recognized qualification conducted entirely in English" ; the Case Officer may disregard Partner's claimed points, and this might put our EOI within the rejection decision(Plz correct me if I am wrong).
Other option is there in the same section stating the IELTS requirement of 6.5 or above , if points are claimed for Partner's qualification "An IELTS Test Report with an overall band score of 6.5 or more if claiming points for your partner's skilled employment or offer of skilled employment or recognized qualification"
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=BEVS;10331078]Yes. However, the OP has not stated that any of the 3 apply.

Hi BEVS,

I currently have this proof for my wife:
have a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
looks like you might have to get her to take the test and see what scores she gets if you want to include her qualification points.
I think so
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice

lucky me... i "assume" their conditions are any of 3. BEVS, you are so detail-minded!!!

sam, this is the statement that i copy from my ITA letter:
We highly recommend that IELTS certificates for both the principal applicant and their spouse (if applicable) are provided together with the other documents at lodgement stage. If these are not provided, they may be requested later by your Case Officer which can result in significant delays in the processing of your application. When IELTS certificates are requested, they will be used to determine whether the minimum standards of English are met. The application may be declined if either the principal applicant or their spouse does not meet the required level.
before that we don't aware the importance of IELTS, so we didn't put my report when applying EOI. but after reading their letter, we recognize its significance and lucky that i got my IELTS a year ago, so it won't be a big problem to attach it! anyway, same as what BEVS and MrsFychan's suggestions, good to ask your wife to take IELTS... and be confident to her!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fele
lucky me... i "assume" their conditions are any of 3. BEVS, you are so detail-minded!!!

sam, this is the statement that i copy from my ITA letter:
We highly recommend that IELTS certificates for both the principal applicant and their spouse (if applicable) are provided together with the other documents at lodgement stage. If these are not provided, they may be requested later by your Case Officer which can result in significant delays in the processing of your application. When IELTS certificates are requested, they will be used to determine whether the minimum standards of English are met. The application may be declined if either the principal applicant or their spouse does not meet the required level.
before that we don't aware the importance of IELTS, so we didn't put my report when applying EOI. but after reading their letter, we recognize its significance and lucky that i got my IELTS a year ago, so it won't be a big problem to attach it! anyway, same as what BEVS and MrsFychan's suggestions, good to ask your wife to take IELTS... and be confident to her!
Hi Fele,
Thanks for your comments I would probably ask my wife to set for the IELTS Test before submitting our EOI.
However I am thinking of submitting her IELTS report with ITA; so basically doing the same as what your Hubby has done

What option did your Hubby selected for your English Language Ability when he submitted the EOI?? In our case this will be the best option"Study for a recognized qualification conducted entirely in English" .
May be I can submit our EOI now; and then let my wife start preparing for the test immediately till we receive our ITA. I hope this will work
Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

yup... my hubby chose "Study for a recognized qualification conducted entirely in English" for his and my parts.

best of luck, sam!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.