Employment in NZ

Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:55 am
Just Joined

s.kumar will become famous soon enoughs.kumar will become famous soon enough
Default Employment in NZ

Hello All:

Day by day, I'm getting more and more interested in migrating to NZ. But before I finalize things and apply I need some kind advice from you based on your experience.

Can you please tell me what is Employment Scenario in NZ? Based on your foreign background inclusive of education and experience, does one feel comfortable finding and settling down in a job one wants? Do employers insist on NZ qualification/experience to make an offer of job?

In general, how is the quality of life? How does it feel like living on an island far away from the rest of the world? How is weather?

And while applying on skilled migrant visa, I gather that they require Police Clearance Certificate for last 10 years. Is that correct?

I do appreciate your kind input. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Kumar
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:00 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Employment in NZ

Originally Posted by s.kumar
Hello All:
Hello.

Day by day, I'm getting more and more interested in migrating to NZ. But before I finalize things and apply I need some kind advice from you based on your experience.
OK.

Can you please tell me what is Employment Scenario in NZ? Based on your foreign background inclusive of education and experience, does one feel comfortable finding and settling down in a job one wants? Do employers insist on NZ qualification/experience to make an offer of job?
I think you have to be in a position to offer NZIS a reason to issue you an Invitation to Apply (ITA). If you have a skill that is on the Long Term Skills Shortage List and the appropriate qualifications and work experience you probably stand a good chance at being offered an ITA. Unless you have some critical skills such as in certain medical fields, you may find it better to come to New Zealand and find an employer that is willing to offer employment. Not all employers require NZ experience nor qualifications, although NZ work experience and qualifications will earn you extra points on your Expression of Interest (EOI), your first step in the process.
This is all very general. Without knowing any particulars in your case it would be hard to say how much of a chance you would have in successfully immigrating to new Zealand.

In general, how is the quality of life?
Not too bad.

How does it feel like living on an island far away from the rest of the world?
I find it to be wonderful, but others may feel the distance to be a difficult adjustment as they are so far from friends and family. It also means that overseas holidays are a big big investment.
How is weather?
Moderate for the most part. Generally wetter on the west side and drier on the east side. Warmer up north and colder down south. The weather can change very quickly, but hey, variety is the spice of life.

And while applying on skilled migrant visa, I gather that they require Police Clearance Certificate for last 10 years. Is that correct?
Yes, that's correct.

I do appreciate your kind input. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Kumar
If you need any help, post your questions here and I'm sure someone will be along to steer you in the right direction

Good luck.