Employment evidence

Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:14 pm
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Employment evidence

Hi!

My ITA has been assessed and the CO asked me for further information regarding my work history.

I worked as employed and self-employed.

I can priovide them with every sort of evidence - payslips, tax returns, invoices, etc. but should I provide some or all of them?

For instance if I have 1 year of employment, is it acceptable to provide just the first and the last payslip or they want all of them? Same question applies to invoices, tax returns, etc.

Lastly, do I have to provide them with translated and certified copies of the originals as I did for the ITA? If it is the case I am really wondering how much financially heavy is gonna be!

Help me, please...
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment evidence

if you have sent in certified copies of things then you wouldn't need to send them again. As much information is always preferable to not enough. bombard them with everything you have.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

From what you write, they wish extra on top of what you have already sent.

Send them anything and everything. It does not necessarily need to be certified. Originals will do - as per payslips or end of year tax returns etc - . They will send everything back to you.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:57 pm
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes BEVS, you right. They asked for further information on top of what I have already sent.

OK, I got it. I can send them original copies only. But what about the translations? My documents are not in English, can I send them out without providing a certified translation? This would makes the difference!

Thank you!
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Ah !

No. You will need to have them translated and the translation sent with the original or copy.

I know this costs . Is there a school or university willing to help with this?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:15 pm
Hello World!

This residency visa is going to cost me a fortune! I have found some certified translators here in the UK and another one in Australia. What I am trying do is to understand what sort of documents they want, I cannot send them anything and everything. Lastly, their deadline is quite tight...
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:20 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

So. What have you already sent?

If you can find a language department of a school or university, this could be more cost effective.

What if my documents are not in English?

If any of your documents are not in English, you must have them translated into English by a person familiar with both English and the language in which the documents are written.

Any translation you provide must:
  • not be made by a family member or a person with an interest in the outcome of the application
  • be certified as a correct translation made by a person familiar with both languages and competent in translation work
  • be prepared and certified by a recognised translator from a recognised private or official translation service
  • be on the official letterhead of the translation service
  • bear the stamp or signature of the translator
  • be accompanied by a copy of the document that has been translated (the application form will say whether that copy should be an original or a certified copy or a photocopy)
  • be paid for by you (the applicant).
Translations may be prepared by:
  • language departments of secondary schools or universities
  • reputable people within the community who are known to translate documents accurately
  • embassies (if the translation is endorsed with the appropriate embassy seal)
  • any other recognised private or official translation service
  • the Translation Service of the Department of Internal Affairs.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:41 pm
Hello World!

I have not yet sent anything. My documents are in Italian and I do not know anyone from a School/University that could be suitable for the purpose.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 9:44 am
Hello World!

Is it possible to have a face-to-face chat with my CO at the New Zealand House in London? I got issues with my application that need to be discussed in person. Thank you.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:19 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

So you are claiming points for work experience but have sent no proof detailing that at all Is that right?

For proof I sent in only the first and last payslips for each job, contracts and letters written by my employers detailing my job description, hours per week and start and finish dates. That was sufficient for me.

You could try and get an interview with your CO but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. I got the impression they tried not to speak to the public if possible You will still need to provide the work experience proof and get it translated even if they do allow a meeting. You can go in and speak to the people at the desk at NZ House if you're close by. That may not be of use if you have very individual questions though.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:34 pm
Hello World!

Thank you Persephone for your reply. No, it is not completely right, I enclosed with my ITA just work references and financial statements (for the self-employed part).

The work references were on company letterhead, properly signed by their Administrator and showing my duties and working hours/type of contract. Probably that's not enough and I understand that they need further information.

I will send them some payslips, tax returns and letters from my employers/customers regarding my claims for the FGA (Future Growth Area) and contracts as per your advice.

I hope that this would be enough. You can guess how expensive the whole visa thing is gonna be!

Thank you!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:43 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I did think it sounded a bit odd I read it as you'd sent in nothing!

Send them anything you can, as I said first and last payslips were fine rather than all of them. They do send them back. It's just the translation thing for you that's causing the headache...

And yes, it is definitely not cheap!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:12 pm
Hello World!

OK, I'll let you know the end of the story, fingers crossed! Cheers!
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 7:07 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

With the ITA comes an information booklet, all the information of what is required for each section is in there. When we submitted out ITA in person the person that took our papers could see that we had used it when filling in the application. He said the majority of hold ups on processing is because most people don't and miss things out. If you still have it, go through it and make sure that you send in everything they want.
From experience they only work on one part of the application at a time and do not proceed until that part is completed. So if further down the application form you have missed things off they will again have to ask you for further information and the process will stop again until they are satisfied.