British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Employer sponsored (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/employer-sponsored-423007/)

pumpkin blossom Feb 1st 2007 5:54 pm

Employer sponsored

This may sound stupid, but if you are sponsored for a job, can your partner come with you and work like in Oz??
I can't seem to find anything on the immigration web site which mentions others coming with you.

Thanks

pumpkin blossom Feb 1st 2007 6:21 pm

Re: Employer sponsored

Well I have found it. It says they must apply once you have a work permit. Does anyone know how this works, and how long it takes?
Also, how much it costs.

Many thanks

Maz1 Feb 2nd 2007 8:28 am

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom (Post 4351273)
Well I have found it. It says they must apply once you have a work permit. Does anyone know how this works, and how long it takes?
Also, how much it costs.

Many thanks

have you got an accredition letter from your employer?

pumpkin blossom Feb 2nd 2007 9:07 pm

I haven't got the job yet, I'm still deciding wether to apply. They are an accredited employer though. Does that make a difference to the other half?

Thanks

Maz1 Feb 3rd 2007 1:53 am

My OH had an accredited letter he sent that along with a copy of his contract to prove his income. It has to be over $45,000NZD a year. He applied for work to residency. I applied for a work permit , I didnt have to I could have just come on a visitors permit but it saves time in case I wanted to go straight to work on arrival. The kids also applied for a students visa. Hope this helps

pumpkin blossom Feb 3rd 2007 9:16 am

Could you do that before your other half had actually been issued his visa?

Thanks

Maz1 Feb 3rd 2007 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom (Post 4358168)
Could you do that before your other half had actually been issued his visa?

Thanks

My husband got the job then applied for his visa. First we all went for medicals, x-rays etc. Sent all the relevent forms which I mentioned before with the copy of the contract and accreditation letter. Then a couple of weeks later our passports came back with the blue sticker. A works sponsor doesnt make any difference to your OH but if you have a job to go to and send all the info I have mentioned then your pretty much sorted. All your OH has to do is fill out her appropriate form and take it from there. If your married they will want proof e.g a copy of your marriage certificate. If you are just living together then they require proof of that like bills in joint names or bank accounts. It explains all of this on the forms. Its a bit daunting when you get the forms they are more like books but you'll be ok. If in any doubt phone the office up in London and they will explain anything you are unsure about,dont phone the 090 number very expensive, I used the number where is says if you are outside the uk.

pumpkin blossom Feb 3rd 2007 9:06 pm

Ahhhh, cunning. I will remember to phone the non premium number.

Thanks very much for your help.