Employer Reference Letter for NZIS

Old May 22nd 2008, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Employer Reference Letter for NZIS

I would appreciate if I could get some help/example on what is needed to be included in employer reference letter.

I am in the process of gathering them, but the employers want me to write the letters myself and send them and they will verify it, sign it and send back to me.
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:55 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer Reference Letter for NZIS

I understand all you need is for the employers to verify:

1. Dates you were employed with them and
2. Position

We asked for 2 references for my husband, who is the main applicant, one reference also included "reason for leaving" and "salary on leaving", but I don't see why immigration should be interested in that!

My understanding is that all they want is confirmation of your experience, so points 1 and 2 on company's letterhead should be enough, really!

But best wait to hear more opinions...
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:30 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You also need to get them to say how many hours you worked per week so NZIS know whether you were working full or part time.

As an example my last boss wrote:

Sue R worked for this practice as a veterinary surgeon between "date started" and "date left". She was involved in all aspects of work within this mixed practice-principally small animal, cattle and equine, but also pig and sheep work. She worked full time averaging 42 hours per week plus nights and weekends on call. She was a capable and reliable employee during her time with us.

I suppose a little bit about your job rather than just your position wouldn't go amiss as well if it's possible to paraphrase it.
Hope this helps
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Water Lily and Sue R. Now, I got some ideas what to write.

I would still like to hear from other people, if you have more ideas for me on how to write a reference letter.

My jobs are computer related. Do I need to include specific skills/programming languages that I used while performing my jobs in the letter?
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:20 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you need to get too technical - it's to ascertain that you were employed in the role that you say you were, and for the length of time that you said you were. These are the criteria they base your points on - anything too technical is just lost on them I reckon. Sue R's example is ideal, and very similar to the one I asked my old firm for.

Good luck!