Emmigraton Group Ltd are they any good?

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

lancashire-lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emmigraton Group Ltd are they any good?

Im seriously looking into moving to New Zealand and ive sent my £195 cheque to this company with a view to them helping Me & wife and our 10mth old daughter make the big move...has anyone used their services recently and what was your experiences.
Obviously we dont want to waste money if we can avoid it, if other people dont rate them.

Cheers...!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emmigraton Group Ltd are they any good?

Originally Posted by lancashire-lad
Im seriously looking into moving to New Zealand and ive sent my £195 cheque to this company with a view to them helping Me & wife and our 10mth old daughter make the big move...has anyone used their services recently and what was your experiences.
Obviously we dont want to waste money if we can avoid it, if other people dont rate them.

Cheers...!
Hi and a warm welcome to the mad house.

We haven't had to use them as hubby is a kiwi, but friends of ours did and in the end felt they could have done it themselves and better used the money elsewhere - ie; on the actual move.

But other people say it's been worth it when they've used them.

I'm sure lots with first hand experience will be along later to advise!
Old Feb 4th 2007, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough

Yup, we used one, Malcomb Pacific.

Although you do a lot of the leg work yourself - chasing up old employers, getting medicals etc.

We felt it was money well spent at the time, because we had enough to do sorting out the house, schools blah, blah, blah. It was good knowing that someone else was sorting out the paper and authorities.

I think it depends on how easy your case is and if you want the hassle on top of everything else.
</IMG>
Old Feb 4th 2007, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

We used The Emigration Group (TEG) based in Chester. We found them brilliant, although all these companies are expensive. If you can do it yourself do but we got lost in the process, plus we both worked full time in busy jobs and we have 3 kids so were struggling to find the time to do everything and keep on track. You will probably find most people have sorted everything out satisfactorily on their own, we were happy to pay for help! Good luck - PM us if you want any more info.
Donnaf
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:45 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Same for us. We're in the process of using them, and they've been decent so far. You do have to chase up your own paperwork, but that was expected. Once done, just send it over to them and they'll let you know of anything else that needs doing, and give you updates of what they are doing for you.

Expensive? Yes. Peace of mind? Definately. We used them as both of us were really busy at work and so never had the time, plus we'd wasted 6 months trying to get into Oz by doing it ourselves, and then failed on an issue that TEG would have pointed out to us at the preliminary interview (the one you're going for). We felt that we couldn't afford the same time again in trying for NZ, and so went with them straight off after the interview when they gave a thumbs up.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Wiz
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

lancashire-lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to say a big thankyou to all people who replied !
i've got many other questions which i'll post when i can think of them again?
Cheers!!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Neil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really nice

It's probably too late for you now, but I've only just seen your post. I would avoid the Emigration Group like the plague. I phoned them up once seeking a quote for an ENS visa which we already had been nominated for. The man I spoke to had never even heard of it!!?? He sounded like a used car salesman.
I would recommend Gomatilda.