British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Emigration Timings (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/emigration-timings-633195/)

top_of_the_hill Sep 29th 2009 8:35 pm

Emigration Timings

We are just starting out on this big adventure, and I've been a bit taken back by the speed of events as experienced and suggested on this forum.

So, to stress me more, or calm my nerves, Id like to get a clearer handle on the timing of things as it occurs to folk.

For instance the key events (as I understand them currently) are: EOI submitted, EOI selected, ITA on the doorstep, ITA submitted, visa delivered, flight out of country.

On top of this we may have: House on the market, house sold, jobs applied for, job received, job starts.

I would like to get a straw poll of the actual ordering and approximate timings of key events as experienced by folk.

Currently we are at EOI submitted (week 0), EOI selected (week 2) stage.

Your input appreciated.

M

BEVS Sep 30th 2009 12:37 am

Re: Emigration Timings

You will find that many of those currently in the process have put their time-lines in their signatures .
As each case is different , I'm not sure you will be able to gauge much from their very differing cases buy , hey, you never know.
This lot are a helpful bunch.;).

Jo-Chris Sep 30th 2009 11:32 am

Hi,

Have a look at our timeline below (this is without a job offer) Good luck

Psychopandy Oct 1st 2009 7:09 am

Hello there

Here's ours
EOI submitted February 09
Job offer received 16 june 09
EOI selected (after job offer added) 17 june 09
ITA arrived Early July (cant remember exactly)
Medicals done 22 july 09
referral to consultant for more tests (not medical assessor - this is a whole other ball game - you ask Will and Tina :sneaky:)
Police checks done mid july 09
Consultants report received to enclose with ITA
ITA submitted in person 28 August 09
ITA approved 12 September 09
Passports received 29 September 09

Flights booked for 5 Jan 2010:thumbsup:

We only had to start doing anything after the job offer was received - up till then after the faff of filling the EOI in it was all quiet. Been a bit manic since though and has cost more money than i think either of us anticipated and we werent referred to any medical assessors from the NZIS side.

We have been very lucky and i will never forget that :thumbup:

Good luck - but like bevs said - if you got 100 of these replies they would probably all differ so much they would be useless - each one is different.

Onwards and Upwards

Psycho x

HHBoP Oct 1st 2009 8:22 pm

Hi

Got job offer July. Put in EOI in July and was selected 24/07/09. Took a long time to get ITA, which was begin of Sept. ITA lodged 14/09/09. Was told be 1 to 3 months before I hear re ITA, but got Approved in Principle on 25/09/09 for permanent residency. Blue stickers (i here that's what they look like!!) due next week. House has been on the market for 4 months and not sold. Been hard to time things as u can't predict when things will happen. In terms of the visa and job side I know I have been very lucky.

chrisjb Oct 7th 2009 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by top_of_the_hill (Post 7975676)
We are just starting out on this big adventure, and I've been a bit taken back by the speed of events as experienced and suggested on this forum.

So, to stress me more, or calm my nerves, Id like to get a clearer handle on the timing of things as it occurs to folk.

For instance the key events (as I understand them currently) are: EOI submitted, EOI selected, ITA on the doorstep, ITA submitted, visa delivered, flight out of country.

On top of this we may have: House on the market, house sold, jobs applied for, job received, job starts.

I would like to get a straw poll of the actual ordering and approximate timings of key events as experienced by folk.

Currently we are at EOI submitted (week 0), EOI selected (week 2) stage.

Your input appreciated.

M

we are applying without a job, and going over with me applying in skilled migrant category.
timescales below..

MooMoo290373 Oct 8th 2009 9:38 am

Hi

My time line is below and was with a job offer hth:D

RobDon Oct 10th 2009 5:36 am

Ditto the above!! Our timeline is below. Hope this helps you. ;)

iwannagonow Oct 10th 2009 8:09 am

Ditto again! :D

check out our timeline!

Good luck x