Which Emigration Company?

Old May 28th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

terrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really nice
Question Which Emigration Company?

Hi, we are planning to emigrate to NZ in Jan 2011, and are planning our reckie in Dec/Jan 2009/10. We are in a dilemma as to which emigration company to use as there are so many to choose from! Can anyone offer suggestions or experiences please? Also, one company who have been very helpful, have suggested we apply for our visas this Christmas 08 so they will be ready to activate on our reckie - only prob we may have is that Terry will be minus a job offer which counts as 50 points and this could affect our application! Any views here also please?
Looking forward to our first reply as this is our first visit to your forum...hi!
Terry and Julie
Old May 28th 2008, 10:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Which Emigration Company?

My reply would be to wait on spending money on an agent big time until we know further.

What is you or your husbands occupation or skill

What skill qualifications does she or you have.

Also, one company who have been very helpful, have suggested we apply for our visas this Christmas 08 so they will be ready to activate on our reckie
Er. Please don't nor give them any money.

Check with us all first please and then make a decision. This is perfectly possible to save you thousands of $$ and do yourselves if everything is OK.

Let us all know.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here
My reply would be to wait on spending money on an agent big time until we know further.

Check with us all first please and then make a decision. This is perfectly possible to save you thousands of $$ and do yourselves if everything is OK.

Let us all know.
I did it all without a agent, plenty of 'correct' advice from the good people on here. I'd definately say ''save your money and do it yourselves'' You'll find you have to do all the legwork even with an agent.
Good luck
Chris
Old May 29th 2008, 2:35 am
`

Doh ! Bet he is a tiler.

333411 WALL AND FLOOR TILER
Lays ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes. Registration or licensing may be required.
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
NZ Register Level 4 qualification
Have you done the POINTS INDICATOR yet. Please do and let us know what points you have.

I cannot see Wall and Floor tiler on either of the NZIS shortage lists so you will not be able to claim points for absolute shortage.

You are coming to NZ on a reccie so presumably you will be hoping to pick up a job offer too.

Any NZ employer offering you a job will need to prove to NZIS that there is no NZ resident to do the work. They will do that by showing proof of advertising and training schemes. There will be a form for them to fill in .

You could always apply for a Temporary Work Visa to get you here and working whilst you sort out a PR application.

You made need to have your tiling qualifications assessed by NZQA.

Please note that you cannot apply for a work visa without a job offer. It is job offer first.

You can apply for Residency though if you have enough points.
Old May 29th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

terrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really nice
Post Re: Which Emigration Company?

I have just completed the quick check for skilled migrant category and have obtained 100 points + 50 points if my City in Guilds Bricklaying certificate is recognised, + my wife has 3 diplomas which I am unsure whether she gets us 50 points for all three or a total of 150 points?
I don't have any qualifications in tiling, although I have been working as a wall and floor tiler for 20 years so my experience should count for something.
Still don't know though whether to start the form process now (EOI) or wait until I have a job offer. Might not get a job offer when on reccie because it could then take a year to get through the form filling and acceptance process from that point and then would the potential employer be willing to wait for me?!!!
Old May 29th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

You can submit your EOI and thenupdate it later with job offer I believe.
Old May 29th 2008, 11:44 pm
`

Originally Posted by terrytiler
I have just completed the quick check for skilled migrant category and have obtained 100 points + 50 points if my City in Guilds Bricklaying certificate is recognised, + my wife has 3 diplomas which I am unsure whether she gets us 50 points for all three or a total of 150 points?
I don't have any qualifications in tiling, although I have been working as a wall and floor tiler for 20 years so my experience should count for something.
Still don't know though whether to start the form process now (EOI) or wait until I have a job offer. Might not get a job offer when on reccie because it could then take a year to get through the form filling and acceptance process from that point and then would the potential employer be willing to wait for me?!!!

Are you a time served Brickie with the C&G 1 and 2 or a more modern C&G /NVQ level3 ? If so then you should be able to claim 50 points for the trade qualification.

Bricklaying is on the Immediate Shortage list so you cannot claim any points for Absolute Shortage.

As Bricklaying is on the Immediate Shortage list an NZ employer is entitled to offer you a job as a bricklayer

Trade Qualifications

The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.

Note: Visa and immigration officers must ensure that the Part Two Certificate is a full qualification (usually three components). Individual components of the Part Two qualification may be separately certificated. Most full Part Two certificates require completion of three components.

Other Trade qualifications not listed below require assessment by the NZQA.

* Aeronautical Engineering Craft Studies
* Agricultural Mechanics
* Bakery
* Brickwork
* Carpentry and Joinery
If you submit an EOI under the skilled migrant category , then your claim for work experience would be as a bricklayer. You cannot claim work experience for tiler unless you submit the skill as tiler. Bricklaying is better as it is on the immediate shortage list.

There is nothing to stop you finding a job offer as a brickie on your reccie . You can then add the points for the job offer to your EOI . If you felt that your Permanent Residency application was going to take a year , then you would apply for a temporary work visa to get you here and working for the NZ employer. You can have the PR application ongoing and apply for the work visa.

If you are thinking to come as a tiler , then any NZ employer wanting to offer you a job must prove to NZIS that there is no NZ resident for the job. They will do that by showing advertising and training / apprenticeship progs. You cannot claim for the trade skill as a tiler because you haven't a trade qualification but you could claim for your work experience.

It may be that your wifes qualifications are worth some points. It will all depend what those qualifications are.
Old May 30th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Post Re: Which Emigration Company?

Hi
I am not confident to start work in NZ as a brickie as I haven't worked in that trade for over 18 years. I also LOVE tiling and would be miserable if I had to discontinue that trade even for a year.

My wife has Diplomas in Body Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology and unsure whether they are worth points individually or as a package, ie 50 points or 150 points - the diploma rating isn't clear.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Gill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant future

Let us all know.

I'm in the same situation and I don't want to spend thousands on an Agency either: is it really easy enough to do on your own?
I'm an Electrical Engineer with a Degree and 20 years of experience from apprenticeship.
I understand you need a job offer before you get a work permit? How do you get a job offer from thousands of miles away? Can you attend interviews on Skype with a webcam, say? Are there any websites you can suggest offering positions?
Looking at other threads it's hard to work out how expensive it is to live in NZ: how do I work out what my likely salary could be? I'm on @£31k now.
One other thing: we spent 3 weeks over on North Island earlier this year (it's beautiful) and saw how cheap fuel is: but how expensive are cars? Say a decent 3 year old saloon? or a small 4X4?
Thanks for any advice, anyone.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:36 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has Diplomas in Body Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology and unsure whether they are worth points individually or as a package, ie 50 points or 150 points - the diploma rating isn't clear.
I'm fairly certain that you can only claim for 1 qualification, they're not additive, sorry

Hi Gill and Ian and welcome, yes it is easy enough to do on your own and people on here are very helpful if you are unsure about anything. I can't help you as far as getting a job is concerned as I'm going down the permanent residency route without a job offer and am planning on looking whilst over there very soon.

You're right, you do need a job offer before you can get a work permit. If you were thinking of residency at the end of it then it may be worth working out how many points you have and considering that route. Though obviously if you're looking at only being there temporarily then a work permit is probably the best option.

I would say do it yourself and get advice from on here and use the NZIS website. It's all fairly straightforward and you'll save lots of money that you can spend on something more useful
Sue
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

dustylegs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
we are using a company, yes it costs money but i have to say that we are very busy and they have been great. they know all the ins and outs and are well upto speed. you also get ALL of your money back if they fail to get you in. they sort all of the timing out, with so much going on it just takes all of the worry away.
if you are very strapped for cash then i am sure that people on here will help you out. keep the dosh in your own pocket. we dont have money to throw away, but are very happy with our choice of emigration company
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Which Emigration Company?

Hi
Do you mind telling us which company you are using please? We are baffled by the choice and if you have been happy to date, then a recommendation would be useful so we can commence with the EOI.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Are you a time served Brickie with the C&G 1 and 2 or a more modern C&G /NVQ level3 ? If so then you should be able to claim 50 points for the trade qualification.

Bricklaying is on the Immediate Shortage list so you cannot claim any points for Absolute Shortage.

As Bricklaying is on the Immediate Shortage list an NZ employer is entitled to offer you a job as a bricklayer

If you submit an EOI under the skilled migrant category , then your claim for work experience would be as a bricklayer. You cannot claim work experience for tiler unless you submit the skill as tiler. Bricklaying is better as it is on the immediate shortage list.

There is nothing to stop you finding a job offer as a brickie on your reccie . You can then add the points for the job offer to your EOI . If you felt that your Permanent Residency application was going to take a year , then you would apply for a temporary work visa to get you here and working for the NZ employer. You can have the PR application ongoing and apply for the work visa.

If you are thinking to come as a tiler , then any NZ employer wanting to offer you a job must prove to NZIS that there is no NZ resident for the job. They will do that by showing advertising and training / apprenticeship progs. You cannot claim for the trade skill as a tiler because you haven't a trade qualification but you could claim for your work experience.

It may be that your wifes qualifications are worth some points. It will all depend what those qualifications are.
Hi
I am now considering obtaining a reputable and recognised qualification for NZ. Would you recommend City in Guilds in Tiling or an NVQ please?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

dustylegs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by terrytiler
Hi
Do you mind telling us which company you are using please? We are baffled by the choice and if you have been happy to date, then a recommendation would be useful so we can commence with the EOI.
Hi ya, i have sent you a pm, as i was not sure about saying who they are on the site. could be classed as advertising.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that! I am having trouble retrieving it so I'll persevere but let you know if I don't get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.