Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Eligibility to apply for NZ skill migration

Eligibility to apply for NZ skill migration

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

harsha405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eligibility to apply for NZ skill migration

Hi

I am totally new to NZ skill migration process.

Could some one please advise whether I am eligible to apply for this with below skills.

Presently I am working as a senior systems engineer for a Australian base IT company and I am working for regional office for Asia pacific.

I got 10 years IT experience.
Some vendor qualification like Microsoft, Noell,IBM,Trend Micro and I am member of British computer society

Please Advise .

Any one got same skill set and got possitve out come ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:29 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eligibility to apply for NZ skill migration

Hi and welcome to the forum

Have you tried the INZ points indicator on Immgration New Zealand's website to see if you have sufficient points?

You can find more detailed information on whether you are eligible for meeting the requirements of the Skilled Migrant category.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ts/default.htm

It's worthwhile to check if your university and degrees are on INZ's list of recognised qualifications. More info here:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ts/default.htm

Best of luck to you
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:53 pm
Throw yourself at it...

VickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really nice

You are probably stuck in the same boat as me my friend.

I am an ICT Business Analyst, with 8 years experience and the BCS ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis.

I don't have a degree though or a post grad or anything academic higher than NVQ level 3 in IT so as far as immigration goes, I score pretty low on the points indicator.

I am relying on a job offer which hopefully will get my points up to over 100 so I can apply for SM.

Fortunately for me, I am not 31 until December this year so am eligible for the working holiday visa which I now have. This will give me the right to seek work (though I cannot do permanent work) and if I get that firm job offer then I will apply to switch my visa from the WHV to the SM.

So try the points indicator but if you only have professional qualifications instead of academic qualifications, it is unlikely you will have enough points alone. You might need a job offer as I do.

If you have a partner who has academic qualifications, they might score better.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:37 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

Your experience is pretty good, so you get good points there. Now you need some kind of tertiary qualification, a university degree. The certification is good but it needs to be backed by a degree. Check the points on the immigration site for age, qualification, experience, and if you have a spouse that can qualify for migration. Check all these and try to see if you can get something equal or above 110. Also, if you can get a job offer, that will make things a whole lot better for you. So try anf see if NZ employers can offer you a job.

You can check with NZQA with a preliminary test or ask them questions for some feedback on your qualification. For what I know, you need to have tertiary qualification in IT. But you need to check this. Sometimes work experience can be used for exemptions from formal tertiary education.

And, wish you all the best.

Originally Posted by harsha405
Hi

I am totally new to NZ skill migration process.

Could some one please advise whether I am eligible to apply for this with below skills.

Presently I am working as a senior systems engineer for a Australian base IT company and I am working for regional office for Asia pacific.

I got 10 years IT experience.
Some vendor qualification like Microsoft, Noell,IBM,Trend Micro and I am member of British computer society

Please Advise .

Any one got same skill set and got possitve out come ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by VickyVN
You are probably stuck in the same boat as me my friend.

I am an ICT Business Analyst, with 8 years experience and the BCS ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis.

I don't have a degree though or a post grad or anything academic higher than NVQ level 3 in IT so as far as immigration goes, I score pretty low on the points indicator.

I am relying on a job offer which hopefully will get my points up to over 100 so I can apply for SM.

Fortunately for me, I am not 31 until December this year so am eligible for the working holiday visa which I now have. This will give me the right to seek work (though I cannot do permanent work) and if I get that firm job offer then I will apply to switch my visa from the WHV to the SM.

So try the points indicator but if you only have professional qualifications instead of academic qualifications, it is unlikely you will have enough points alone. You might need a job offer as I do.

If you have a partner who has academic qualifications, they might score better.
Great answer and should give the OP a good understanding of what's required.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:18 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by robbyarg
Your experience
Ah ! There you are Robbyarg. You were sent a PM a while ago asking you to clarify certain matters. In case you missed that, which I would assume you did not, I will re-send. The courtesy of a reponse is still required.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:20 am
Throw yourself at it...

VickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS
Great answer and should give the OP a good understanding of what's required.
Thanks BEVS.