EIO Points Query

Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

balkieb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EIO Points Query

I have lived and worked in Wellington, New Zealand for the past two years but had to return home recently and now looking at getting back there.

I am currently going through my EOI but I am now unsure whether to submit it or not as I don't think I meet criteria.

Currently I have only 120 points without a job offer. I also only have 10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage not the 15 that seems to be required.

My points are mainly made up of my recognised qualifications and work exp in area of skilled shortage etc, in New Zealand and other.

Is it worth submitting?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EIO Points Query

It all depends on numbers of applications. Looking back through this year you would have been selected at each draw between February and May if your EOI had been in the pool. The selections have not reached down to your points level since then.

I suppose your options are:
*try and get a job offer
*risk it in the hope you get lucky in the next 6m
*watch and wait and submit if the selections reach your total, you may miss your one chance, there may be a run of chances like this year or it may never reach your level for another x years.

Unfortunately none of us can predict the future and what will be selected. All you can do is look back through the history of selection points and decide whether you are willing to risk it. You may lose the cost of the EOI or you may be selected at the next draw.
Sorry, can't really give you a definite answer, there is no real pattern to the draws [apart from the first one after Xmas being 'harder' due to there not being one for a fortnight]