British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EEEEEEK - telephone interview!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eeeeeek-telephone-interview-614987/)

DGH Jun 15th 2009 4:57 pm

EEEEEEK - telephone interview!!!

:rofl: Can't quite believe it but had an email this morning from our case officer to say we can book our telephone interview for this week! Didn't expect this until the end of July so nearly fell off my chair! Does this mean they've done all the checking of our application and they're not going to request anything else now? I expected them to be in contact requesting something or other. How exciting! Better get revising.
Danni

Jo-Chris Jun 15th 2009 5:44 pm

Re: EEEEEEK - telephone interview!!!

Originally Posted by DGH (Post 7667080)
:rofl: Can't quite believe it but had an email this morning from our case officer to say we can book our telephone interview for this week! Didn't expect this until the end of July so nearly fell off my chair! Does this mean they've done all the checking of our application and they're not going to request anything else now? I expected them to be in contact requesting something or other. How exciting! Better get revising.
Danni

Great news! Our C/O didnt ask for anything else once we had the email confirming the telephone interview! Good luck with the interview the questions seem to be the same, you can do a search on here for the questions. We made a list of questions and answers and had them with us at the interview!

J X:thumbsup:

Denise01292 Jun 15th 2009 8:52 pm

Hi, Snao! We've just came on to search 'telephone interviews' and saw your post. Our interview is booked for Thursday morning - we were told it could take four months to hear from our c/o but it's only been a month!!! Soooo exciting and scary!! Hope all goes well for you x:thumbsup:

helenlhoppy Jun 16th 2009 11:18 am

Good luck you guys, had mine last Wednesday, just waiting for the result!

Talk about immigration finger......!!!!!

Jo-Chris Jun 16th 2009 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy (Post 7669335)
Good luck you guys, had mine last Wednesday, just waiting for the result!

Talk about immigration finger......!!!!!

The worst part of it is they didnt update our INZ page until we have the visas in the passport!!! so you may wear your finger out!!

DGH Jun 16th 2009 6:20 pm

Hi again,
I've been revising tonight. Found some good threads with interview questions. Think I'm ok as long as they don't ask me to sing the national anthem. Helen - any luck with a result yet? I wonder how they'll contact you next - can you shed any light Jo-Chris? I'm sure I'll have immigration finger following that interview too. Wish you luck Denise01292, its nice to know someone else is going through it at the same time.

Jo-Chris Jun 16th 2009 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by DGH (Post 7670423)
Hi again,
I've been revising tonight. Found some good threads with interview questions. Think I'm ok as long as they don't ask me to sing the national anthem. Helen - any luck with a result yet? I wonder how they'll contact you next - can you shed any light Jo-Chris? I'm sure I'll have immigration finger following that interview too. Wish you luck Denise01292, its nice to know someone else is going through it at the same time.

Good luck with the interview you will be fine! You will receive an email confirming the decision followed by a letter!
Fingers crossed

sjake Jun 16th 2009 7:45 pm

Best of luck DGH & Denise01292. I am sure you will both be fine.

Just make sure that you research the 'interview' threads on here. It will be pretty much the same questions. I wasn't asked any questions about NZ itself apart from questions regarding the cost of living & how much I expected to pay for a rental? However, just in case I did, I had an extra tab open with the Wiki page for NZ!!!!;)

We found out pretty quickly via e-mail (although it seemed like an age) & the letter arrived the following day!

Fingers crossed for you.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

helenlhoppy Jun 16th 2009 10:22 pm

Hi DGH, no,nothing yet! Immigration finger really bad at the mo! Will update as soon as I know. Take care.

Helen ;)

helenlhoppy Jun 17th 2009 3:02 pm

Still no news today... it's been a week now....:(

benjie Jun 17th 2009 6:51 pm

hie helenlhoppy

same here OH had interview last week Thursday still waiting, seems to be the longest wait ever

lets just keep fingers crossed.:):):):):)

DGH Jun 17th 2009 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy (Post 7673233)
Still no news today... it's been a week now....:(

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear soon. I'm sure I read on a thread somewhere that NZIS are a little back-logged at the moment as they're granting lots of PR's.

12 hours to go before telephone interview! Just had a cappucino for something to do but now realise I probably won't sleep till 3am - Bad move! Maybe I'll follow it up with a horlicks. Speaking of horlicks, do they have it in NZ? Think I'll miss it if not. Anyway, I'll stop waffling now, just getting it all out of the way before my eloquent telephone interview tomorrow!

sjake Jun 17th 2009 9:40 pm

I don't think that I've had horlicks since I left home!!:rofl:

:fingerscrossed:for tomorrow.

Denise01292 Jun 18th 2009 2:15 pm

Hi, hope the interview went well. Hubby had the call at 9.30am this morning. He said it was more or less the exact questions posted on here. He feels it went well, so fingers crossed.

DGH Jun 18th 2009 8:06 pm

:) Hi, I think it went well. Have been constantly thinking about my answers since. The phone rang bang on 10:30am and I jumped out of my skin even though I knew it was coming! My questions were also the same as those posted on here. The interview seemed fairly informal. :fingerscrossed: now for the result we want.

DGH Jun 23rd 2009 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by DGH (Post 7678038)
:) Hi, I think it went well. Have been constantly thinking about my answers since. The phone rang bang on 10:30am and I jumped out of my skin even though I knew it was coming! My questions were also the same as those posted on here. The interview seemed fairly informal. :fingerscrossed: now for the result we want.

We're in! Got the email this afternoon! 'Approved in Principle'! Can't quite believe it!

sjake Jun 24th 2009 5:46 am

Originally Posted by DGH (Post 7692477)
We're in! Got the email this afternoon! 'Approved in Principle'! Can't quite believe it!

Congratulations. :beer::drinkwine::beer:Happy celebrating!!!

RobDon Jun 24th 2009 7:44 am

Congrats from us too!! :thumbsup::beer::drinkwine:

vicejw Jun 24th 2009 8:44 am

That's great news - such a relief but then the realisation goodness we're actually doing this!!! Congrats though!

Just to jump on this thread we had a phone call confirming we'd been approved last wednesday and now reading this I'm worrying (I'm a habitual worrier!!:unsure:) as we have nothing in writing. Has anyone else just had a call rather than e-mail?? He reckoned we should have passports etc back within 2 weeks....

Have been thinking about booking flights so e-mailed our case officer, sure he thinks I'm totally neurotic and probably wondering if he made right decision haha!!

helenlhoppy Jun 24th 2009 3:10 pm

CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE!!!! beer::beer::drinkwine::drinkwine:

127luton Jun 24th 2009 4:55 pm

Well done!:thumbsup:

Berni xx

127luton Jun 24th 2009 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by vicejw (Post 7694084)
That's great news - such a relief but then the realisation goodness we're actually doing this!!! Congrats though!

Just to jump on this thread we had a phone call confirming we'd been approved last wednesday and now reading this I'm worrying (I'm a habitual worrier!!:unsure:) as we have nothing in writing. Has anyone else just had a call rather than e-mail?? He reckoned we should have passports etc back within 2 weeks....

Have been thinking about booking flights so e-mailed our case officer, sure he thinks I'm totally neurotic and probably wondering if he made right decision haha!!

Hi there, we are from bedfordshire and i work in herts! glad that things are going so well for you, we all worry about processeses dont u think? and its so important to you (the move) that ur bound to be slightly twitchy - i know i shall be the ultimate neurotic wreck by the point uve obviously reached!!
Berni
x

Denise01292 Jun 24th 2009 8:32 pm

Many congratulations and a big well done from us. :thumbsup:

We haven't heard yet, fingers crossed they won't keep us waiting too much longer.

loui5a Jun 25th 2009 5:22 pm

So good to read these, OH has interview tomorrow pm. Going through all possible questions from the threads. I will probably not sleep and definetly be completely useless at work tomorrow morning!!

Congrats

Louisa

sjake Jun 25th 2009 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by loui5a (Post 7699257)
So good to read these, OH has interview tomorrow pm. Going through all possible questions from the threads. I will probably not sleep and definetly be completely useless at work tomorrow morning!!

Congrats

Louisa

Best of luck.:fingerscrossed:

DGH Jun 26th 2009 10:00 am

Thanks for the replies. It's such a great feeling to know there are others around in the same boat. Good luck Denise01292 & Loui5a. Hope you hear back soon!

loui5a Jun 26th 2009 4:17 pm

OH had interview today - went well and we have been told we will not be declined - just have to wait to see if PM or WTR.

Louisa :)

Denise01292 Jun 27th 2009 8:31 am

We found out yesterday that we got PR!!!! Head's a bit sore from the bubbly!!!!! ;)

Now... to sell the house:eek:

loui5a Jun 27th 2009 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Denise01292 (Post 7704024)
We found out yesterday that we got PR!!!! Head's a bit sore from the bubbly!!!!! ;)

Now... to sell the house:eek:

Denise - Fab news, were are waiting to here if we get PR or WTR. Not sure whether to sell our house or rent. What made you decide to sell? House down the road is on the market and no interest but I know our area is good to rent. Not sure what to do!

Louisa:)

DGH Jun 28th 2009 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by loui5a (Post 7704043)
Denise - Fab news, were are waiting to here if we get PR or WTR. Not sure whether to sell our house or rent. What made you decide to sell? House down the road is on the market and no interest but I know our area is good to rent. Not sure what to do!

Louisa:)

We just tried ours on the market to see if it would sell thinking we'd end up having to rent it. It sold within a week! We were lucky, but it only takes one person to fall in love with your house. Worth a try I say. Spruce it up a bit and hope for the best!