Editing a selected EOI

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice
Default Editing a selected EOI

Hi, has anyone attempted to edit a selected EOI? My sister has asked to have all her family's details removed from our EOI (see Negativity thread). I've been advised that it can be done - but do I do this on-line, does it mean our EOI starts at the beginning again (it says Resubmit on the web-page) and if we have to resubmit it do we have to pay again?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:29 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Editing a selected EOI

Unless your sister is emigrating with you, erm...why? The section on the EOI that you are talking about is the family biographical section, right? Is it the part that asks you to list parents, siblings etc.?

I think her request is a bit silly. The EOI isn't requesting your family's blessings, just their names. Tell your sis to chill.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'd echo that. Leave your completed EOI as it is. Her name being on it is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

Unfortunately she isn't the sort to chill, especially when fuelled by my brother in law. They have said they will contact NZIS themselves and yes, it is causing unecessary grief, not least because they won't talk to us so we can't discuss it with them. So we have to edit adn make sure they get written confirmation - I've thought about fibbing, but fibs catch you up! We might be at the other side of the world, but i don't like unfinished business, so any helpful hints gratefully received.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Then all I can suggest is that you call NZIS on their premium phone line and explain the situation. You will need to give your EOI ref. number. I seem to remember the calls cost a quid a minute or something outrageous.

I doubt that NZIS will be sending any written confirmation to your sis though. They are up to their eyeballs in backlogs and emigration work.
You may be able to get them to send you through an email confirming that you have contacted them re. this alteration.

Nightmare eh?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:27 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by McGowans
Unfortunately she isn't the sort to chill, especially when fuelled by my brother in law. They have said they will contact NZIS themselves and yes, it is causing unnecessary grief, not least because they won't talk to us so we can't discuss it with them. So we have to edit adn make sure they get written confirmation - I've thought about fibbing, but fibs catch you up! We might be at the other side of the world, but i don't like unfinished business, so any helpful hints gratefully received.
I'm sorry if this comes out wrong, but you are emigrating and got enough on your plate and your sis and brother-in-law are playing the silly buggers. Their names on the EOI can in no way whatsoever affect them in any manner. They're yankin' your chain, mate.
Anyway, if they're not talking to you, what's the difference. Carry on.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:30 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I'm sorry if this comes out wrong, but you are emigrating and got enough on your plate and your sis and brother-in-law are playing the silly buggers. Their names on the EOI can in no way whatsoever affect them in any manner. They're yankin' your chain, mate.
Anyway, if they're not talking to you, what's the difference. Carry on.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Happynz has it!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

HappyNZ I do agree with you, they have a knack of p**ing off the family, but my mum has to stay here and listen to her going on about it. I'll try the email, in fact I've just sent one. What they should be more worried about is his sister who's working in Russia!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by McGowans
HappyNZ I do agree with you, they have a knack of p**ing off the family, but my mum has to stay here and listen to her going on about it. I'll try the email, in fact I've just sent one. What they should be more worried about is his sister who's working in Russia!
My understanding was all the family you list in the EOI is for purposes later, when they might wish to also emigrate to NZ, after you have been granted residency.

As you also only list their names, DOB etc I don't think they are contacted by NZIS, so how would they know if you hadn't removed her name from your application?

Families eh?

Lou
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Because bro-in-law is such a pedantic sod he would contact them anyway, so I'll play along with it and get an email from NZIS. I have tried to explain it's really a number crunching exercise for NZIS and that they aren't really interested in them, but it didn't wash. The sooner there is distance there the better!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi
like happynz said i would just carry on, i did not even tell my family that their names were going on it, so they are non the wiser, and i got my mother and father in laws date of birth wrong, i had the year way out,
get your thick skin out and just soldier on, they maybe think that someone is going to start looking into them and what they do.

good luck with it all i am sending karma your way

with regards

kirstie
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the karma Kirstie. I'm realising that I have to stop worrying about what everyone else thinks and plough ahead with what we want to do. It'll be on-going but unless NZIS come back to me I dn't think there's much I can do. Don't care enough to spend money on the premium phone line!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:24 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Tell them you have removed them and let them contact NZIS on the premium rate line.I doubt that NZIS would divulge the information and they will soon get pissed of with paying for the calls
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:33 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

...or even better, tell them they are being investigated by the New Zealand Secret Service because they once holidayed in France

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.