Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

early childhood teachers - long term shortage skills

early childhood teachers - long term shortage skills

Old May 6th 2010, 1:05 am
Just Joined

shoppie381 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default early childhood teachers - long term shortage skills

Hi,

I an currently getting my UK Early Childhood Studies degree assessed by nzqa but its not looking good at the minute! I am wanting to apply under the the long term shortages skills as a pre school teacher as that is what i do, However the assessor is sayin my degree doesnt seem to relate to anything in New Zealand, which is confusing and its one of the reason i finished my degree (did a year working holiday as a gap year and loved it here so finished my degree thinking i could come back). I am wondering if anyone has applyed under for early childhood educator and what qualifications there had??? need some hope people!!

Thanks
Old May 6th 2010, 3:05 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: early childhood teachers - long term shortage skills

Sorry no idea about the Early Childhood qual, but I do know that NZQA sucks. They downgraded my hard won honours degree to an ordinary degree, and my two diplomas to level 4 certificates <insert expletive here>
Old Nov 6th 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: early childhood teachers - long term shortage skills

Any update on your situation??