dunno where to start !

Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

tonygold will become famous soon enoughtonygold will become famous soon enough
Question dunno where to start !

Hi people im new here .

My problem is im in love with a girl who just recently moved to new zealand with her family and im wanting to join her, unfortunately im not skilled in anything but what i do have is qualifications in i.c.t hardware and software at foundation level, 6 key skills a forklift licence and thats it.
I have worked for several years as a professional dj up and down england in major clubs and bars does that count as a artist ?
whats the best way for me to join her in nz as they are to stay and hopefully get residence ?
sorry guys i dunno where to start if you could answer me the best that u can i would be very grateful and thx for reading . Tony
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:28 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: dunno where to start !

You sound like a youngish fella. How about trying the Work Holiday Visa route? It'll give you a year in New Zealand and once here you'll have a better feel for what opportunities there are for you.

Good luck you lovestruck thing you.

Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:39 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonygold
Hi people im new here .

My problem is im in love with a girl who just recently moved to new zealand with her family and im wanting to join her, unfortunately im not skilled in anything but what i do have is qualifications in i.c.t hardware and software at foundation level, 6 key skills a forklift licence and thats it.
I have worked for several years as a professional dj up and down england in major clubs and bars does that count as a artist ?
whats the best way for me to join her in nz as they are to stay and hopefully get residence ?
sorry guys i dunno where to start if you could answer me the best that u can i would be very grateful and thx for reading . Tony

I agree with the OP. Where abouts is your beloved??
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:02 am
Just Joined

she lives in albany north auckland . if i do get a working visa can u still apply for residence or would i have to apply for another visa first and can i ? thx.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:28 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people im new here .

Have a look here.... http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rktoresidence/
and here... http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm and hopefully you may find the answers to your questions...

hth...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

if i do qualify for the working holiday scheme for 24 months can i still apply for residence whilst in new zealand ?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

if i do qualify for the working holiday scheme for 24 months can i still apply for residence whilst in new zealand ?
Hi,
not unless you meet the criteria for residence. Start with the working holiday visa and see how you go. When you get to NZ you need to get into a job that will meet the work to residence route.

Good luck.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

does that mean with the working holiday visa i can travel there first without having a job ? and thx again ppl for ur help.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:16 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Yes, with a work holiday visa you do not need a job before you arrive.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 9:40 am
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Bless,

She missing you too, bet we see you soon
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katracy
Bless,

She missing you too, bet we see you soon
hey, nice to hear from ya ! u checking on me ? lol and i will see ya soon
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:38 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help at all Tony, just wanted to wish you all the best with achieving your goal.
Karma for chasing your dream
Karen B