Done it....at last!!!

Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice
Default Re: Done it....at last!!!

Ooooh I didn't know you were pregnant...how long do you have left?? Get drinking the raspberry leaf tea lol
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by clairepete
Ooooh I didn't know you were pregnant...how long do you have left?? Get drinking the raspberry leaf tea lol
2 days - bought a box the other day! That's why I can't apply for SMC with a job offer at the mo - otherwise I would have done after the original EOI knock back. Still hoping this way will get me the points back then fingers crossed the ITA - all which I can sort out whilst I'm on mat leave - best layed plans hey?! Can't see it happening that way though it's too straight forward!! If it doesn't it's not the end of the world - god, look at what's happening everywhere in the world at mo. x
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

Woo hoo, checked my online progress just now and my file has been set up....how exciting!!!

Any news on the baby yet????
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Woo hoo, checked my online progress just now and my file has been set up....how exciting!!!

Any news on the baby yet????
Just checked mine - it says the same! When do you think they take the 35 days from - the submit date ie payment or the file set up date? No - I'm officially overdue!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmmm, not sure, but have seen some threads where people are saying that it can progress really quickly once the file is set up. One woman said after 10 calendar days her result was showing as sent to her!!! Have you seen the ENZ forums? There is one specifically for NZQA which I have found very helpful.

Drink more tea!!!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmmm, not sure, but have seen some threads where people are saying that it can progress really quickly once the file is set up. One woman said after 10 calendar days her result was showing as sent to her!!! Have you seen the ENZ forums? There is one specifically for NZQA which I have found very helpful.

Drink more tea!!!
No what are the ENZ forums? Are they similar to this forum or a thread off this forum? There are loads of questions about NZQA I think people get very confused - understandably though, as they and NZIS don't always match up with their thinking and appear to change the goal posts!

It would be good if I can get mine done quickly as my time frame for the EOI runs out soon but I doubt I will because I literally finished a qual at the end of January and it's taken me ages to get the evidence together to send. I've still got to forward on the official ' I've passed' letter although they've got the transcript. Be good for you though?!

Drinking tea, eating pineapple, curry.......still nothing
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:04 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can afford it, you can go for a fast track. They will give you pretty fast results in about 15-20 working days. You will also need to pay your uni a verification fee and get a verification document sent.

NZQA can have some rather lazy/somewhat disorganized/incompetent case officers. They will send a verification request in your postal address and not email you. Once you know your case officer, you can email him for that verification document. The sooner you do that, the faster you can get the verification to your uni and ask them to fax it to the officer.

This verification thing wastes time. Only after 4-7 working days after verification is received by the officer (get this emailed if possible and faxed), you can get a result which will be couriered to you.

Also, when they give you a result, the qualification assessment may be wrong. Be sure to check in accordance with what you expect. This will also waste time. Tell your case officer in advance the majors of your qualification.

The case officers are not necessarily the best qualified individuals (not PhD holders or Masters Degree Holders in the area that you are getting assessed or in general).

So be wary of this. You may be waiting and the verification could be in your post box for weeks before your realize this process.

Just trying to help. It's my job.

I finally got together all of my documents and paid the NZQA to assess my quals (IQA) After chasing up various letters and then chasing up again when they were sent with the wrong dates on etc

Paid my fees today and also sent off my documents via AirSure (just to be safe)

I am soooooooo excited....now comes the 35 working day wait!!!! Will I have any nails left at the end of it??? Hmmmmm
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robbyarg
If you can afford it, you can go for a fast track. They will give you pretty fast results in about 15-20 working days. You will also need to pay your uni a verification fee and get a verification document sent.

NZQA can have some rather lazy/somewhat disorganized/incompetent case officers. They will send a verification request in your postal address and not email you. Once you know your case officer, you can email him for that verification document. The sooner you do that, the faster you can get the verification to your uni and ask them to fax it to the officer.

This verification thing wastes time. Only after 4-7 working days after verification is received by the officer (get this emailed if possible and faxed), you can get a result which will be couriered to you.

Also, when they give you a result, the qualification assessment may be wrong. Be sure to check in accordance with what you expect. This will also waste time. Tell your case officer in advance the majors of your qualification.

The case officers are not necessarily the best qualified individuals (not PhD holders or Masters Degree Holders in the area that you are getting assessed or in general).

So be wary of this. You may be waiting and the verification could be in your post box for weeks before your realize this process.

Slightly suicidal after reading this - probably not your intent! I've submitted 4 qualifications to be assessed which would mean 3 universities?! I did read it but obviously forgot about it and just went back in to read it again. I'm holding out for the 'may' contact your Uni and Uni 'may' charge you. Fingers double crossed. x Otherwise it is doubtful I'll have my assessment back before my EOI timescale runs out - bummer.

Last edited by Scousebird; Mar 16th 2011 at 3:22 pm. Reason: asked a question but found the answer myself! big girl now!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

ENZ is a website about New Zealand which also has a really great forum. Not sure if I'm allowed to big it up on here lol

I like it because there are always so many more people online than there are on this forum so you tend to get replies quicker. I use both of these forums to cover all bases!!!

Hmmmm, Robbyarg, probably not your intention but you have just confused me ha ha

No point worrying about things that 'may' happen until they do
Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

ENZ is a website about New Zealand which also has a really great forum. Not sure if I'm allowed to big it up on here lol

I like it because there are always so many more people online than there are on this forum so you tend to get replies quicker. I use both of these forums to cover all bases!!!

Hmmmm, Robbyarg, probably not your intention but you have just confused me ha ha

No point worrying about things that 'may' happen until they do
I had a quick look at that forum - always useful to read lots of opinions and advice so thanks for that.

I'm with you - not going to worry - if it's meant to be.....I've got other pressing things on my mind at the mo!!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mine has moved onto the next stage today so waiting for evaluation now
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mine has moved onto the next stage today so waiting for evaluation now
Mine to! Also found someone in exact boat as me on that other forum same quals, same profession and same problem - hoping they can give me some good tips. Thanks for that. Obviously still loyal to BE!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 12:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

ENZ is a website about New Zealand which also has a really great forum.

Originally Posted by Scousebird
Mine to! Also found someone in exact boat as me on that other forum same quals, same profession and same problem - hoping they can give me some good tips. Thanks for that. Obviously still loyal to BE!

There is room enough for all forums. Dip in and out of all of them to get the info you need but do always come back to share with us coz we iz really rather cosy and lovely.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbyarg

Are you a migration agent then? I'm asking seriously as I may be looking to cross the water at some point.......
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
There is room enough for all forums. Dip in and out of all of them to get the info you need but do always come back to share with us coz we iz really rather cosy and lovely.
Not found the other forum particularly friendly so far maybe early days.

My worker from NZQA has made contact which is good.

baby girl 8lb 12oz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.