British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Done it....at last!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/done-last-706994/)

clairepete Feb 26th 2011 12:15 pm

Done it....at last!!!

I finally got together all of my documents and paid the NZQA to assess my quals (IQA) After chasing up various letters and then chasing up again when they were sent with the wrong dates on etc :blink:

Paid my fees today and also sent off my documents via AirSure (just to be safe)

I am soooooooo excited....now comes the 35 working day wait!!!! Will I have any nails left at the end of it??? Hmmmmm :lol:

BEVS Feb 27th 2011 11:56 pm

Re: Done it....at last!!!

No you will be completely nail free. :p

Well done you. :fingerscrossed: you get a speedy result.

burbschook Feb 28th 2011 3:14 am

Go on then ..... how many times did you check & recheck/almost sealed the package & then thought to recheck again? Did you feel like running after them just to make sure all was there?

All the best & do let us know the outcome!

Imaan Feb 28th 2011 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Vikkichic (Post 9206565)
Go on then ..... how many times did you check & recheck/almost sealed the package & then thought to recheck again? Did you feel like running after them just to make sure all was there?

All the best & do let us know the outcome!

clairepete would you plz tell me one thing , how did you arranged your documents ? in mean in a folder or what else is the best practice to send documents for NZQA ?

clairepete Feb 28th 2011 12:50 pm

I just got an A4 brown envelope (one of those stiff ones that says 'Do not bend' on the front) and put everything in it loose. No fancy folders lol

Although now you have me worrying that maybe I should have :confused:

Vikki, I did that twice and also keep checking its tracking on the Royal Mail website!!!! :thumbsup:

clairepete Feb 28th 2011 12:53 pm

Oh and after reading hundreds of threads on here, I'm expecting that they are going to knock my honours degree down to a standard one but I guess that can't be helped :frown:

clairepete Mar 2nd 2011 10:35 am

OMG, it's saying my docs have arrived....wow!!! How quick was that? Only posted them Saturday noon :eek:

hannah201987 Mar 2nd 2011 8:24 pm

Hi clairepete, Great news on docs arriving in NZ. my other half is in a similar situation to you, i'm just wondering how you have organised for the return of the documents for the assessment? Also did you have to pay for delivery both ways?:unsure:
Good luck with everything? When are you hoping to move? My boyfriend and I are moving over in July hopefully! :thumbup:

Thanks Hannah

clairepete Mar 3rd 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Hannah,
The is an option when you pay for your assessment to have your docs couriered back to you for £41, so I ticked that and paid for it.

We haven't got a specific time to go over yet. I need to get this back, then register as a teacher over then before I can apply for jobs. Hope it doesn't take too long :)

Scousebird Mar 8th 2011 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by clairepete (Post 9215414)
Hi Hannah,
The is an option when you pay for your assessment to have your docs couriered back to you for £41, so I ticked that and paid for it.

We haven't got a specific time to go over yet. I need to get this back, then register as a teacher over then before I can apply for jobs. Hope it doesn't take too long :)

How do you know if they've received your docs? I've checked the website and it shows a process but doesn't state if your docs have been received or whether they are working on it? I've emailed them but not heard anything back yet. I've another doc to forward which I've only just received but thought I'd send it to the name worker assessing my quals. Any pearls of wisdom?

clairepete Mar 8th 2011 8:02 pm

I only know they have received my docs coz it said so on the Royal Mail website. That was last Weds and I'm still waiting for a change of status :thumbdown:

clairepete Mar 8th 2011 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by clairepete (Post 9215414)
Hi Hannah,

Sorry that should read '$41' not £ :blink:

Scousebird Mar 9th 2011 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by clairepete (Post 9226471)
I only know they have received my docs coz it said so on the Royal Mail website. That was last Weds and I'm still waiting for a change of status :thumbdown:

Ta. Yer, I'm waiting to, wonder what date they take it from?!

BEVS Mar 9th 2011 8:31 pm

:fingerscrossed: for you both.

Scousebird Mar 10th 2011 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9228873)
:fingerscrossed: for you both.

Cheers Bev - defo need it not sure where for most - the assessment or my looming giving birth!! I think the assessment as it's been painful with the whole process so far!!! I'm sure I'll take that back!!