British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Does the total points matter after EOI selected? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/does-total-points-matter-after-eoi-selected-740963/)

kimoloop Dec 5th 2011 6:52 am

Does the total points matter after EOI selected?

Hi guys,

i have been selected from the pool and been sent the ITA, after i send the ITA does the total number of my points will affect the time line of the visa?

Thanks

Stormer999 Dec 5th 2011 6:59 am

Re: Does the total points matter after EOI selected?

If you have a job waiting you will be dealt with before the non job selection. I think there are only two groups with and without.....

kimoloop Dec 5th 2011 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9770408)
If you have a job waiting you will be dealt with before the non job selection. I think there are only two groups with and without.....

Excellent news, Actually i am already in NZ and working in A software company.
So is that means that once you are selected the only thing count is whether i am with/without a job?

Thanks

MrsFychan Dec 5th 2011 12:20 pm

you do go up the line if you have a job offer, already working affect things as my husband is working already in NZ and things are going that quickly for us. You still have to go through all the stages that everyone else does so once you do have a case officer its the timeline. Best bit of info I can give is make sure you read the information pack on how to fill the ITA in and make sure you submit everything they require as if they have to ask you for it that will make things take longer.
If you are also applying with family you do need to make sure all they papers are in order. Unfortunately for us myself and my daughters medicals have been referred to the Immigration Medical Dept so that is holding things up now and have been quoted 3-4 weeks for the medical guys to get back to the case officer with their findings. If they then want more medical checks that is going to take more time.

kimoloop Dec 6th 2011 7:11 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9770943)
you do go up the line if you have a job offer, already working affect things as my husband is working already in NZ and things are going that quickly for us. You still have to go through all the stages that everyone else does so once you do have a case officer its the timeline. Best bit of info I can give is make sure you read the information pack on how to fill the ITA in and make sure you submit everything they require as if they have to ask you for it that will make things take longer.
If you are also applying with family you do need to make sure all they papers are in order. Unfortunately for us myself and my daughters medicals have been referred to the Immigration Medical Dept so that is holding things up now and have been quoted 3-4 weeks for the medical guys to get back to the case officer with their findings. If they then want more medical checks that is going to take more time.

Thanks a lot for the update, I need to make sure that everything is there with the ITA.