Does Bankruptcy affect immegration?

Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:16 am
Just Joined

austk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does Bankruptcy affect immegration?

Hi, i am currently going through some finacial difficulties. I have been advised that the best thing for me is to go through bankruptcy. I am planning to move to New Zeand to be with my daughter but am worried that if i chose the bankruptcy route this would stop me from being able to go to New Zealand. Can anyone tell me if this would cause me problems?

Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:53 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Bankruptcy affect immegration?

Originally Posted by austk
Hi, i am currently going through some finacial difficulties. I have been advised that the best thing for me is to go through bankruptcy. I am planning to move to New Zeand to be with my daughter but am worried that if i chose the bankruptcy route this would stop me from being able to go to New Zealand. Can anyone tell me if this would cause me problems?

Thanks
Two questions:

a) What kind of visa are you planning on coming over on?

b) Whom do you intend working for? (you can't work for a bank, they will check your financial background thoroughly)
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

austk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does Bankruptcy affect immegration?

We are still looking into which visa will suit me the best. My daughter is going out there to be with her New Zealand boyfiend who is a new Zealand citizen. We are both hoping to settle there for life but are still trying to find the easiest way to make this possible. I was just concerned that the bankruptcy would stop me doing this. I hope to find work while i am out there but it won't be in a bank. Also would i have any problem in getting a bank account?

Thanks