British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Documents required after EOI selection (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/documents-required-after-eoi-selection-382574/)

kt0157 Jul 1st 2006 10:16 pm

Documents required after EOI selection

Can anyone point me at a list of documents required by the post-EOI application form? I'm assuming birth/marriage/degree/police certificates. Presumably also something to prove work experience? What form does this have to be in? Have I missed anything? Certified copy of passport? Which of these will need be originals and which certified copies?

K.

Joshlin Jul 2nd 2006 4:59 am

Re: Documents required after EOI selection

Originally Posted by kt0157
Can anyone point me at a list of documents required by the post-EOI application form? I'm assuming birth/marriage/degree/police certificates. Presumably also something to prove work experience? What form does this have to be in? Have I missed anything? Certified copy of passport? Which of these will need be originals and which certified copies?

K.

you need documentation to prove everything you've claimed points for as well as the obvious ID stuff. A couple of points to be aware of:
remember its the full birth certs - long ones.
Evidence of qualifications - and if you need NZQA assess you will need copies of study transcripts.
Remember police certs are only valid for 6 months so don't get them too early. Medicals are valid for 3 months.
If you are claiming association with anyone in NZ then you will need evidence from them
Work experience can come in any format as long as it shows a start date, an end date, and job title - so letters, pay slips, references, appraisals etc etc
You need to provide original or certified copy of everything. If you provide an original then they appreciate an uncertified copy too - saves them doing it!!
You also need to submit the evidence in a certain way - in the order listed on the front sheet without plastic pockets etc etc
It's all pretty clear when your ITA comes through and you've got 4 months to collect the paperwork together.
Vicki

titi Oct 27th 2006 5:26 am

Re: Documents required after EOI selection

Hi,

I'm having the same issue too. Just got the email to invite me to apply for ITA. I need to prepare document for the points I claimed for working experience in future growth area and skill shortage (IT field). No job offer in NZ. I have worked in 3 companies before. Not sure how to prepare the documents to proof myself and claim the points. I feel reluctant to let my current employer to know anything about it yet. How should I prepare the documents? I have my job offer letter, but just with job title, without job description.