British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Documents to prove marriage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/documents-prove-marriage-792341/)

moonie2011 Mar 30th 2013 5:59 pm

Documents to prove marriage

Hi, we are about to submit OH's WTR visa and my partnership work visa.
To prove the relationship I am sending wedding certificates and all births certs inc kids. Several pages of family photos throughout the years on a word document, joint household bills, title deeds for properties we have bought plus any other documents with both our names on that we can find plus a letter from both our parents saying ow long we have been married and that it's a stable relationship

Am I missing anything obvious?

Thanks in advance :D

Snap Shot Mar 30th 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Documents to prove marriage

No, that sounds about right. I let my first Returning Residents Visa expire in 1997 - long boring story.

Anyway, in 2010 when we were preparing to go to NZ ('cause we really meant it this time).

We wanted to get my RRV re-issued. I was sceptical of this as it had been so long since I let it expire that I thought we would have to go through the whole rigmarole of forms, x-rays, police check etc etc.

Nope, to my surprise we got it re-issued ! For just a minimal fee, about twenty quid, certainly less than fifty quid. I got a phone call from NZIS in London during the process and they asked for current supporting documents so I sent what was requested. Which I think was joint bills, joint property ownership.

My husband had to write a letter in support of my application as it was for a family category visa. I cringed about this and said, 'please don't tell them that you love me !'

First time round my mum wrote a supporting letter confirming husband and I were in a stable relationship. That's as well as us submitting birth and marriage certificates, joint bills, evidence of my husband's nz citizenship, etc. I don't recall sending photos. The Gerald Depadieu movie, 'Green Card' sprang to mind and I believed we had sent enough supporting documents to NZIA.

simonsi Mar 30th 2013 7:37 pm

We did similar except no supporting letter, tbh if you have enough evidence of "jointness" over an extended period NZIS will draw their own conclusion. Supporting letters and statements are needed were there isnt such documentary evidence.

Clappy Mar 30th 2013 10:12 pm

I didn't bother with a supporting letter or photographs. We had tenancy agreements in both our names and household bills with both names on.

I also included two years worth of travel agent's itineraries showing that we had travelled together many times. I had kept them all for this purpose.

simonsi Mar 31st 2013 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Clappy (Post 10632672)
I had kept them all for this purpose.

Forward planner! We just submitted a synopsis of the detritus we hadn't thrown away and/or had to keep (like tax stuff)...fortunately we had enough in that category :)

MrsFychan Mar 31st 2013 1:54 am

we did all but the supporting letters but included holiday booking forms, family photo's etc

simonsi Mar 31st 2013 1:56 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10632815)
but included holiday booking forms

Hoarder! :rofl:

MrsFychan Mar 31st 2013 2:02 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10632816)
Hoarder! :rofl:

wonders of booking online and getting email :thumbup: