British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Documents For IQA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/documents-iqa-866069/)

Alinoman65 Oct 2nd 2015 5:01 pm

Documents For IQA

Dear Folks,

My EOI was selected on 30-Sep 2015. and I got ITA on 02-Oct 2015 :). Now I am going to submit my documents for IQA, regarding work experience can we submit photocopies of some experience letter if original of any is lost ?

Regarding Identity documents we have to submit certify copies, so while filling of IQA form there are two choices 1) Original 2) Translation which one we have to choose?

Thanks

MrsFychan Oct 2nd 2015 10:58 pm

Re: Documents For IQA

As far as I am aware all documentation has to be originals or certified copies, just trying to check the website for clarification on work experience but I do know my husband had to ask his previous employer for reference on company headed paper. But all that information should be in the guide that should of come with the ITA. I would strongly advise that you read all the documentation before starting to fill in the application and refer back to it often

MrsFychan Oct 2nd 2015 11:03 pm

just checked through our paper work and on the pdf called the ITA Checklist it states:
"Please note that only original documents or certified copies will be accepted. Certified copies
must be stamped or endorsed as being true copies of the originals by a person authorised by law to
take statutory declarations in the applicant's country or in New Zealand. Examples: a lawyer, notary
public, Justice of the Peace, or court official."

and

"Work references confirming the number of years work experience as claimed in your EOI. These
must be on company letterhead and show the start and finish dates of your employment and what
role you held with that company and average weekly hours worked (especially if part-time). If selfemployed
you must provide a letter from your accountant/s to clearly state the number of years of
your self-employment, together with financial statements to cover the years of your claim."

Alinoman65 Oct 3rd 2015 2:59 am

:cool:

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11763647)
just checked through our paper work and on the pdf called the ITA Checklist it states:
"Please note that only original documents or certified copies will be accepted. Certified copies
must be stamped or endorsed as being true copies of the originals by a person authorised by law to
take statutory declarations in the applicant's country or in New Zealand. Examples: a lawyer, notary
public, Justice of the Peace, or court official."

and

"Work references confirming the number of years work experience as claimed in your EOI. These
must be on company letterhead and show the start and finish dates of your employment and what
role you held with that company and average weekly hours worked (especially if part-time). If selfemployed
you must provide a letter from your accountant/s to clearly state the number of years of
your self-employment, together with financial statements to cover the years of your claim."

Thanks a lot for your help ..actually for one of my previous employer in Pakistan I had a scan copy of experience letter as got the certificate when i left the country. though i have appointment letter, confirmation letter after probationary period and salary slips in original, just bit worried wether they except the scan copy with all of this one otherwise i need to ask them for a courier to Abu Dhabi (But it will take time).

whats your suggestion now ?
KR

MrsFychan Oct 3rd 2015 3:23 am

Pakistan is not a comparable market so I assume you cannot claim for work gained there? unless:

"We may award points for work experience in countries that are not 'comparable labour markets', but only if you were working:
for a multinational commercial entity domiciled in one of these listed countries, or
in an area of absolute skill shortage."

MrsFychan Oct 3rd 2015 3:27 am

if its not the original or a certified they may well request you get one which will hold things up or they may not accept the evidence as it stands but then they may equally accept it with the original copies you do have. depends on the CO you get and then on the 2nd Officer that checks the application if it gets passed through by the CO.