Which documents?

Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Android is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which documents?

hi guys,

we`re applying for a partnership visa. All our documents are ready, waiting for the UK police certificates. Once we get them everything will be ready to go.
The thing is we need to certify copies some of our documents from the justice of the peace, but i`m not sure which ones? so far we have:

-My application form
-My Partners sponsor form ( which says we need to certify )
-Our partnership evidences ( e-mails, msn files, joint bank statements, rent contract etc.)
-Reference letters from friends,
-Police certificates
-Medical certificate
-passports and photos..

Cheers
Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which documents?

Hi Android,

You only need certified copies if you are not enclosing originals. If you are sending originals, then regular photocopies are fine. Hope that helps.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya, not too sure if the partnership visa requires the ITA, but we only had too send certified documents if originals were not sent, otherwise all original documents had to have a copy sent with them. I would have thought things like bills, letters from friends etc just send the originals and a copy.
I know it may sound silly but try reading the form again to see if it states what they need, only saying this as its something I,ve done and I'd swear I'd read it several times.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

thanks guys,

so you say as long as i send the originals they don`t need to be certified? And if i am sending the original do i have to send a copy as well? btw what is ITA?

cheers...
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Hi the ITA is what you get if your EOI(expression of interest) gets selected on line. Its basically a large form telling you what documents and evidence you need t6o send in. But like I said your visa application may well be different.
Yes, if you send an original also send a copy.
Chris
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

hi, i`ve never heard of ITA before, is it related to partnership visa? Also do i have to copy my and my partner`s application form as well or just the copies of original documents (like: police certificates, relationship evidences, joint bank statements, etc)

And also i`m a Turkish citizen, i`ve checked the immigration website but couldn`t get a certain info, does Turkish citizens have to pay for the residence permit? It says returning residence no fee but i`m a returning residence? Sorry i know i`m being difficult but this is so important for us...

Cheers
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

hi,

i`ve just called the immigration and they`ve told me i need a work permit to get a residency visa, i`m so confused now. i thought i`m applying for a partnership visa based on work permit...

does anyone have any idea about this?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

where did you find out about the partnership visa? I am not an expert on visas, are you sure there is such a visa. From what you have said a work permit seems the most likely, and you will then have to prove your partnership. Have a look again on the NZIS website things might seem a bit clearer then.
Sorry cant be of more help
Chris
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

i`ve called them again yesterday and they told me the same thing "apply for a work permit and at the same time apply for a residency cuz residency takes up to 12 months..." This is totally different than i read and thought... That means another $700 for the residency and $280 for a work permit which i`ve already paid lots for all my medicals and all the translations etc. thank god JOP is for free!
So now the thing is am i going to apply for a work permit or a visa? They said i can apply for both but i have to pay $280 for each! Do you know the differences and which one i should apply for? And she said a work visa should last for 2 years but it depends to the immigration officer, could be less than 2 years.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Correct me if I'm wrong but I take it you have a job offer in NZ?
I cant tell you what to do but if you apply for work permit after it expires you will then have to apply for permanent residency- if you intend staying. If you just plan on staying for a short while then I would have thought go for the work permit.
Just a few points to consider
Medicals are cheaper to have done in NZ.
If you have a job then your visa will be prioterizied.
Also when did you get your medicals done? Like the police certificates they will only be valid for a certain amount of time, but cant remember if its 3 or 6 months from the date you recieved them, or send them to immigration.
Also have you tried doing a search on here for 'work permit'? I am sure there is a thread I have seen, you may get more help and advice that way.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

No i`m applying for a work permit under the partnership policy, and i reckon i don`t have to have job offer or anything. And i`m applying for a work permit which i consider that i`m already in NZ and don`t need a visa. and i`ve asked for a two year permit, and also at the same time we`re gonna apply for a residency under partnership policy.

I hope we`re doing everything ok, cuz once one thing goes wrong everything will come after!!

Cheers...
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well considering youre already in NZ and this is the route that immigration have sent you down, then all must be ok.
Good luck with the work permit,
Chris
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

hi guys,

this morning we`ve just submit the application, all gone! I`ve called the immigration and they`ve told me to apply for a work permit, and we`ve applied for residency at the same time as well. All i have to do is to wait hope it doesn`t take ages! I`ve also submit my passport, hope it`s ok...
Please fingers x hope everything goes ok...

Thank you...