document translation to english

Old May 30th 2015, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Mohad21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default document translation to english

How can i know which translation office is accredited by NZ. Can i do the translation by any privare translator registered in the country i reside in, even the document originated from a different country??
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 12:27 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: document translation to english

From the Operations Manual
A13.5 Translations
a.Applicants must provide a certified translation for all documents not written in English which are provided in support of an application for a residence class visa.
b.Applicants must provide a certified translation for all police certificates and medical certificates not written in English which are provided in support of an application for a temporary entry class visa.
c.If requested by an immigration officer, applicants must provide a certified translation for any other documents not written in English and provided in support of an application for a temporary entry class visa.
d.Immigration officers may translate documents where they have the appropriate language skills.
e.Translations must:
i.not be prepared by an applicant, any member of their family or an immigration adviser assisting with the application; and
ii.be accompanied by the original documents or certified copies; and
iii.be paid for by the applicant; and
iv.be certified as a correct translation made by a person familiar with both languages and competent in translation work; and
v.bear the stamp or signature of the translator or translation business; and
vi.if applicable, be on the official letterhead of the translation business.

f.Translations may be prepared by: i.the Translation Service of the Department of Internal Affairs, or
ii.reputable people within the community who are known to translate documents accurately, with the exception of those listed in A13.5(e)(i) or
iii.embassies or high commissions (if the translation is endorsed with the appropriate embassy or high commission seal), or
iv.any other private or official translation business.

g.An immigration officer may request a translation: i.of the complete document where the translation is of a selected part(s) of the document, and/or
ii.by a different (specified) translation service where they are not satisfied by the initial translation.

Note: If a translation by a different (specified) translation service is requested the reason(s) behind the request must be clearly documented and conveyed to the applicant by INZ.

Effective 08/04/2013