British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Do they grant work visa only principle applicant? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/do-they-grant-work-visa-only-principle-applicant-775683/)

Chamilamanthika Oct 25th 2012 7:26 am

Do they grant work visa only principle applicant?

Dear friends,
I got EOI successes and received ITA (Invitation To Apply) by August 24th 2012. I collected all the requirements mentioned in the EOI form and submitted them by 22nd October 2012.

I am married and I have a 2 year baby also. At the time of I submit EOI I mentioned and included my partner’s and baby’s details also. And when I submit ITA I submitted all the relevant details of my partner and baby. I am getting 20 points from my partner to meet the point level which is 140.
I have small clarifications to get clarified. If NZ authorities grant work visa for me, don’t they grant work visa for my partner at the same time? And also don’t they give visa for my baby at the same time?

Actually one of my friends who got work visa few months ago received visa for his whole family. But someone told me that NZ immigration rules have been changed in August 2012 and they first grant work visa for principle applicant and then after 3 months partner and baby gets visa subsequently.

Can someone help me to get rid of this confusion? This is annoying me a lot.
T
hanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chami

MrsFychan Oct 25th 2012 8:14 am

Re: Do they grant work visa only principle applicant?

If you are granted PR through the ITA your wife will be able to work and your child will be able to attend school. The application, from what I have read, is for the whole family so no need for them to apply separately

Chamilamanthika Oct 25th 2012 9:34 am

Hi MrsFychan - Thanks a lot for your quick respond. Still I have a little doubt.

Skill migration ITA application form I have included my partner and little daughter’s details. According to the visa process I will be granted work visa (assuming that I will first grant work visa then PR; after finding a skilled job in NZ). My worry is, will they grant visa for my partner and baby at the time they grant visa for me? Or do my partner and baby have to wait some times (around 3 months) to get visa?

Please help me to get rid of this.

Thanks.

simonsi Oct 25th 2012 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Chamilamanthika (Post 10348969)
Hi MrsFychan - Thanks a lot for your quick respond. Still I have a little doubt.

Skill migration ITA application form I have included my partner and little daughter’s details. According to the visa process I will be granted work visa (assuming that I will first grant work visa then PR; after finding a skilled job in NZ). My worry is, will they grant visa for my partner and baby at the time they grant visa for me? Or do my partner and baby have to wait some times (around 3 months) to get visa?

Please help me to get rid of this.

Thanks.

No, apply together (all family forms in the same packet), their visas will start together with yours and run for the same period.

Chamilamanthika Oct 25th 2012 10:45 am

Hi MrsFychan - Thanks a lot for the quick reply once again. :fingerscrossed:

Chamilamanthika Oct 25th 2012 11:35 am

Hi Simonsi - Thanks a lot for your prompt reply

citybanklondon Oct 27th 2012 7:00 am

Hi Chamilamanthika - I was offered the same two years ago but I refused the offer as there is no guarantee that once you get a job and ask the NZIS for family visas they will issue them visas. They have to be satisfied the work you are doing falls in the 'skilled' category and you earn 'x' amount each year, and since this gives NZIS alot of power to make excuses and refuse the family visas so I refused and only accepted when I won the appeals to get direct PR. Once you get PR you are secure and NZIS can't throw you out after you have uprooted yourself from the home country and spent thousands in a country like NZ which is not exactly a cheap place to set up home in!

simonsi Oct 27th 2012 8:02 am

Originally Posted by citybanklondon (Post 10352276)
Hi Chamilamanthika - I was offered the same two years ago but I refused the offer as there is no guarantee that once you get a job and ask the NZIS for family visas they will issue them visas. They have to be satisfied the work you are doing falls in the 'skilled' category and you earn 'x' amount each year, and since this gives NZIS alot of power to make excuses and refuse the family visas so I refused and only accepted when I won the appeals to get direct PR. Once you get PR you are secure and NZIS can't throw you out after you have uprooted yourself from the home country and spent thousands in a country like NZ which is not exactly a cheap place to set up home in!

He is talking about PR hence the reference to an EOI and ITA, hence the advise to submit applications for all the family at once is the correct way to go.

BEVS Oct 28th 2012 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by citybanklondon (Post 10352276)
Hi Chamilamanthika - I was offered the same two years ago but I refused the offer

No you weren't. You applied for NZ residency under the SMC as a secondary school teacher. As this occupation was removed from the shortages lists you were offered a SMC WTR which gave you a certain time frame to find work in your occupation. You refused this and went to appeal which you won.

The OP has not been offered a WTR. He merely wishes to know how his application works for all his family.

Please don't spook people ,whose applications bear no resemblance to your own, even if it is approaching Halloween.

BEVS Oct 28th 2012 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Chamilamanthika (Post 10348764)
Dear friends,
I got EOI successes and received ITA (Invitation To Apply) by August 24th 2012. I collected all the requirements mentioned in the EOI form and submitted them by 22nd October 2012.
I am married and I have a 2 year baby also. At the time of I submit EOI I mentioned and included my partner’s and baby’s details also. And when I submit ITA I submitted all the relevant details of my partner and baby. I am getting 20 points from my partner to meet the point level which is 140.

Sounds all good to me from what you have written. :)

I have small clarifications to get clarified. If NZ authorities grant work visa for me, don’t they grant work visa for my partner at the same time? And also don’t they give visa for my baby at the same time?
You are applying for NZ residency Cham, not a temporary work visa.
When you gain your NZ resident approval, your wife will also be given this as well as your child . It will be all at the same time

Actually one of my friends who got work visa few months ago received visa for his whole family.
That's a work visa but yes, it is the same. All at the same time .

But someone told me that NZ immigration rules have been changed in August 2012 and they first grant work visa for principle applicant and then after 3 months partner and baby gets visa subsequently.
This is muddled & I can see no amendment circulars that suggest anything altered in Aug 2012

If you gain NZ residency then so do your wife and child.

If they see a potential to settle but have concerns over the possibility of finding employment they would offer a job search visa.

citybanklondon Oct 29th 2012 11:02 am

No BEVS you are wrong- I was never offered WTR (work to residency) visa, even if I was I would have rejected the offer as I had enough ammunition to annihilate INZ which I did a few months later due to their woeful errors.

simonsi Oct 29th 2012 5:46 pm

You are still confusing the OP by saying you "were offered the same", the OP hasnt been offered anything yet, he is just going through the PR process.

If not WTR, what were you offered that wasnt "direct PR"??

BEVS Oct 29th 2012 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10355972)
You are still confusing the OP by saying you "were offered the same", the OP hasnt been offered anything yet, he is just going through the PR process.
If not WTR, what were you offered that wasn't "direct PR"??

Quite. I'd also be pleased to be enlightened on that score .

Chamilamanthika Oct 30th 2012 6:24 am

hi everyone,

It is wonderful to see all the comments and each comment brings me valuable thoughts.
Now it is clear to me and I found the answer from this forum.

Thanks all for ur support.... :thumbup:

BEVS Oct 31st 2012 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Chamilamanthika (Post 10356884)
hi everyone,

It is wonderful to see all the comments and each comment brings me valuable thoughts.
Now it is clear to me and I found the answer from this forum.

Thanks all for ur support.... :thumbup:

You're very welcome Cham. Thank you for the thank you :)

Do please let us all know how you get on. It's good to share.