Do I Affect our Chances?

Old May 6th 2012, 9:16 am
Just Joined

geegee1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I Affect our Chances?

Oops that should have said BOTH
Old May 6th 2012, 9:16 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geegee1
christchurch, yes his occupation is

Well hop on board the chats, there is a CC thread in the main section so lots of helpful people in there that can help you learn more about the area.
look forward to reading how things are going for you.

Old May 6th 2012, 9:18 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it must be to get that total. >140 points is an automatic selection from the pool. Your application will be selected at the next draw after you submit an EOI, there shouldn't be any problems
When do they want him to start, is the employer willing to wait for the application to be processed?. If he is needed sooner then he may need to apply for a temporary visa until residency comes through.

We've been good here in Chch lately - not felt a quake for a while
Old May 6th 2012, 9:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
now that sounds interesting
Really MrsF With that sort of talk you'll have everyone wanting to get in on the action
Old May 6th 2012, 9:26 am
Just Joined

To be honest I have no worries about moving to that area at all, I have done soo much research and compared to the other places in the world we have lived it is far superior there is always a down side to anywhere you happen to live and life is what you make it, and I have loved living in places that most people hate, because I have gone out and found a way of making life really good. For us this is where we want to spend the rest of our lives and have had the dream of retiring to NZ all our lives, so having the chance to live there NOW through a job offer for my husband has excelled all our widlest dream and expectations, we feel very lucky.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:36 am
Queen of the Underworld

To be honest I have no worries about moving to that area at all, I have done soo much research and compared to the other places in the world we have lived it is far superior there is always a down side to anywhere you happen to live and life is what you make it, and I have loved living in places that most people hate, because I have gone out and found a way of making life really good. For us this is where we want to spend the rest of our lives and have had the dream of retiring to NZ all our lives, so having the chance to live there NOW through a job offer for my husband has excelled all our widlest dream and expectations, we feel very lucky.
Go for it! Chch is ok though it is a little strange living in a city where the centre is cordoned off, I was going to walk round the cordon today but the weather was a bit miserable. I haven't been round it for a couple of months and everytime more and more has been demolished. Peering through fences at what used to be.
Choose where you live carefully. Life is pretty normal for me on the west side and as I said the quakes have settled down [yet again]
Good luck, let us know how you get on. If you haven't already done it then register and start your EOI, you can save it and continue at a later date. No need to do it all at once.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Sorry, when I say Christchurch, I mean it as a general area, we would like to live in the surrounding area, perhaps a little rural, or on the coast, we are going to have a good look round when we arrive What is EOI ?
Old May 6th 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

I would like to thank everyone who has replied to my thread and also would like to say I am open to thoughts ideas advice and they will be gratefully received as we plan to be there within the next 10 weeks max given the time line we were given, and having positive checks done
Old May 6th 2012, 10:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

EOI = Expression of Interest. The first stage in applying for residency under the Skilled migrant category [SMC]

Ah yes, best to stay in a motel or temporary accommodation and look round when you get here. Be warned that accommodation can be hard to find due to the problems here, you may have absolutely no problems of course.

You could start a thread on the main forum [or ask in the Chch thread] about places to live. It depends on how far out you want to be. If you need to commute to Chch daily then consider places like Rolleston/ Kaiapoi/Rangiora though living further out than this would still not mean a long commute.

Ten weeks is not a long time for a SMC application to go through. Have a look here-this is for the London branch if you are in the UK Processing times
Skilled Migrant application (with job offer)
We expect to decide your application within one to three months from the date the application is submitted.
If you have any issues that may affect the application eg health/character then it may take longer to process. Start getting everything that you'll need now
Old May 6th 2012, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Ooohhh yes that is all done, I don't actually have anything to do with this process, except for the medical etc, my hubby is dealing with all that,, we have somewhere to stay sorted out already ........for the first month or so, thats when I take over, I will be the one looking for a rental to start with and going out about looking at different areas for a more permanant solution, Thank you persephone for all your advice and pointers
Old May 6th 2012, 10:20 am
Just Joined

I have been on the Christchurch thread and have found it really interesting, I have researched all the areas mentioned and am really looking forward to visiting all the places myself, I don't let the grass grow under my feet My husband tends to go to work and I take care of everything else, we have always been the same and it works and if I am honest I really enjoy it being this way my brain becomes a sponge and I soak up information and it enjoy following up on what pointers I have been given
Old May 6th 2012, 10:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Ooohhh yes that is all done, I don't actually have anything to do with this process, except for the medical etc, my hubby is dealing with all that,, we have somewhere to stay sorted out already ........for the first month or so, thats when I take over, I will be the one looking for a rental to start with and going out about looking at different areas for a more permanant solution, Thank you persephone for all your advice and pointers
Ahhh, that's good, so you're further down the process than it sounded like you were. You're very organised
Old May 6th 2012, 10:23 am
Just Joined

My Husband was in NZ recently and he loved the country, the people and the whole ambience of the country, everything about the UK is 100 miles an hour, you don't get time to think, they used to say London was a ratrace but now that applies to most of the UK its so sad