Do I Affect our Chances?

Old May 6th 2012, 8:30 am
Just Joined

geegee1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I Affect our Chances?

My husband has been offered a job in NZ, I am 57 years old and my husband is 10 years younger than me, will that stop my husbands application, even though he has a job to go to? having read all the posts on here I am concerned
Old May 6th 2012, 8:47 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I Affect our Chances?

have a look at the points indicator if you are going under the skilled migrant route

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
Old May 6th 2012, 8:52 am
Just Joined

had a quick look and did the calculation, he is extremely skilled and has a secure job offer, but I am just a house wife so I have no skills so it says we calculate 0 points so does that mean my husband will not be able to take up his job?
Old May 6th 2012, 8:59 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

what points did you husband get for his skills and job offer?, you won't affect what he gets but in some cases you could earn him more. I don't think I earned my husband any more points on his application, nor did the children but after he got his job offer he went over the 140 so application was processed

He may be extremely skilled but is it in the area's that are required for NZ?

Last edited by MrsFychan; May 6th 2012 at 9:00 am. Reason: added to
Old May 6th 2012, 9:02 am

you need to check:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

or

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...C337336860.htm
Old May 6th 2012, 9:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You [plural] will get no extra points for you but if he has enough points then there is no problem with applying. You go along on the application as a partner.
What is your points total total/breakdown?
Old May 6th 2012, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your reply, I was just worried about my age, never thought about it until I read about it being over whats the norm, he got 185 points.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:06 am

there are lots of people on here with all sorts of knowledge on the requirements for different visa applications. I'm afraid that being only a secondary applicant my knowledge is fairly basic.

have a look round the Immigration NZ website and I'm sure someone will be along soon to assist if you still have some queries.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:08 am

Learn something new from Persephone everyday

I'm still working on my lines, can I have a few days grace ? been really really busy with the kids today and having to cook roast for the hubby
Old May 6th 2012, 9:09 am

geegee - which area are you looking at coming to?
Old May 6th 2012, 9:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Is his occupation on the longterm skills shortage list?
Old May 6th 2012, 9:12 am
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
Learn something new from Persephone everyday

I'm still working on my lines, can I have a few days grace ? been really really busy with the kids today and having to cook roast for the hubby
Persephone is sending MrsF to detention every night for a week and is looking for the cane...
Old May 6th 2012, 9:13 am
Just Joined

christchurch, yes his occupation is
Old May 6th 2012, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
looking for the cane...
now that sounds interesting
Old May 6th 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

I am grateful to you BOH for your answers to my question sorry could not find the smiley faces to put on this post

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.