Disability Badge

Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Question Disability Badge

Hello all,

My In Laws are coming for a 10 week visit this year and at home they have a disability badge for their car as my Mum in Law has difficulty walking. They were wondering whether they can bring their badge with them or if I could apply for one in NZ?

If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Cheers

Debs
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:01 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Disability Badge

Originally Posted by banshigirl
Hello all,

My In Laws are coming for a 10 week visit this year and at home they have a disability badge for their car as my Mum in Law has difficulty walking. They were wondering whether they can bring their badge with them or if I could apply for one in NZ?

If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Cheers

Debs
What a very good question Debs,

I've found the following for you;

"Overseas Visitors to New Zealand
CCS Disability Action administers the Mobility Parking Permit Scheme but the provision and enforcement of car parks is the responsibility of local councils and private parking providers.

We recommend overseas visitors obtain a short-term permit while in New Zealand as some local councils and private parking enforcement agencies will issue traffic tickets to vehicles displaying permits issued in other countries.

Contact the nearest CCS Disability Action office once you have arrived in New Zealand to arrange for a short-term permit for your visit. A fee will apply."

From css website.

HTH
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:11 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum brought her UK one, and we had no problems here.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Here's where we got ours from. I sent an email attaching a copy of our badge also telling them when we would be going. They sent us one with a return address envelope. We have done this every visit. We ask for it to be sent to our daughters address. It is validated for the period you are there up to 3 months I think it was. I hope this helps and by the way its free.
I did ask about our badges and they said we should not use them.

[email protected]>

This may help as well

http://www.northern.ccsdisabilityaction.org.nz/

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Jun 22nd 2010 at 8:22 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Thanks for the replies.

I now know how to sort the Mother in Law out!

At least with the parking!