Dilemma need urgent advice

Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Dilemma need urgent advice

Right,

Hows this for a dilemma. NZQA have my assessment complete but can't discuss it with me until I see the report but will discuss it with NZIS. However they need a case officer which I don't have because they put my EOI back in the pool until I was able to get further evidence to gain back the points in absolute shortage area. My last chance for selection is 20th April before I have to complete a new EOI. The previous immigration officer who looked at my assessment has forwarded my query on to someone else when I've asked if she would discuss my assessment with NZIS so I've asked this person whether they will discuss my report so I can resubmit my EOI before 20th April.

I feel NZIS are being really unhelpful - does anyone have any advice on what I should do. Shall I resubmit my application claiming the points back (although not knowing whether my NZQA assessment will support me) or argue further with NZIS??

Any advice would be appreciated as this is killing me now. Hope this makes sense as I'm frustrated now.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: Dilemma need urgent advice

Originally Posted by Scousebird
Right,

Hows this for a dilemma. NZQA have my assessment complete but can't discuss it with me until I see the report but will discuss it with NZIS. However they need a case officer which I don't have because they put my EOI back in the pool until I was able to get further evidence to gain back the points in absolute shortage area. My last chance for selection is 20th April before I have to complete a new EOI. The previous immigration officer who looked at my assessment has forwarded my query on to someone else when I've asked if she would discuss my assessment with NZIS so I've asked this person whether they will discuss my report so I can resubmit my EOI before 20th April.

I feel NZIS are being really unhelpful - does anyone have any advice on what I should do. Shall I resubmit my application claiming the points back (although not knowing whether my NZQA assessment will support me) or argue further with NZIS??

Any advice would be appreciated as this is killing me now. Hope this makes sense as I'm frustrated now.
A kind person (or sensible) at immigration has kindly stated they will speak with NZQA so panic over - for now.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

A kind person (or sensible) at immigration has kindly stated they will speak with NZQA so panic over - for now.
Good ! I was going to suggest you ask to speak with the branch head.

for you that sense has prevailed.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Good ! I was going to suggest you ask to speak with the branch head.

for you that sense has prevailed.
I know. Not having much luck with NZIS at mo so we will wait and see.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I know. Not having much luck with NZIS at mo so we will wait and see.
Fingers crossed see !
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

NZIS have told me to resubmit EOI and claim back points after a chat with NZQA - so fingers double crossed.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

NZIS have told me to resubmit EOI and claim back points after a chat with NZQA - so fingers double crossed.
Sounds positive x
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Sounds positive x
Well NZIS said quote "resubmit and claim back your points" unquote! So I'm interpreting it that way but not getting any hopes up yet, especially because NZIS website keeps crashing on the page of my EOI which updates my points so I'm still stuck on 135! I'm sure someone is trying to tell me something!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Well NZIS said quote "resubmit and claim back your points" unquote! So I'm interpreting it that way but not getting any hopes up yet, especially because NZIS website keeps crashing on the page of my EOI which updates my points so I'm still stuck on 135! I'm sure someone is trying to tell me something!!
Think I'm honestly jinxed going to end up on valium at this rate. Spent the whole weekend trying to resubmit my EOI and the only page that was not working and wouldn't work was the page I was claiming the points on. I phoned NZIS who said they are having technical problems with the online EOI's - why me? when I'm trying to submit mine. Also NZQA want another certificate of evidence and NZIS said you may claim your points but you still might not get them. After all this I'm giving up and waiting until we are ready to apply for jobs if I'm not successful.(won't have a choice anyway!) I can only think someone really does not want us to go (probably the mother in law sticking pins in her dolls!) Not even going to cross my fingers - may stick some up though!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Scousebird. Flippin' well hope summat sensible happens this time round. Bluddy nightmare.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Scousebird. Flippin' well hope summat sensible happens this time round. Bluddy nightmare.
My mother would probably say character building! Just one of those things I'm not stressing anymore. I have had my sisters 3 kids here for three days with my two under 2 years of age with a baby who has colic - now that's stress! Sorry character building!!