dependant child

Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:47 am
Just Joined

andyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dependant child

hi all, could anyone please help? We have a dependant 23 yr old who wants to come with us to NZ. I have had my NZ work visa approved last week (YEA) but now have to provide more evidence that my daughter is depenadnt on us for all her needs at present. Has anyone gone through a similar issue? We have provided letters to INZ but they want bank statements etc, which isnt a problem but just wondered if anyone has doen thsi and if so what may have worked?

Kind regards,

Andy
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:20 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dependant child

not had any experience on this as my son who is 20 is from a previous marriage, doesn't live with us and doesn't depend on us for money so we are not including him on our application as it would be just too difficult., plus he's not sure he want to come, but my understanding is that if you don't have the complication of step, she lives with you and is dependent on you then it's just a case of showing that with , as you say, bank statements, council tax bill with her name on any bills she has coming to her at your address.
We found when submitting out ITA that the more evidence you have for everything in the application the better in the long run.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

andyi is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks that makes sense to me. We are busy assembling some more data that will help, guess its just time and patience uh?

Thanks again, Andy
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:09 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

hope it all goes well, the only good piece of advice I can give is make sure you read thoroughly the advice pack that comes with ITA, the person we saw at NZ House was very impressed that my husband had actually taken the time to make sure he had dotted the i's and crossed the T's and he told us that many many people don't do that and that is what makes the decision time longer, if they find that they have to contact the applicant for additional information they basically get put on a pile and have to wait til the file pops up to the top, obviously if everything is there you get passed on down the line with no stoppages.