British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Delays at NZQA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/delays-nzqa-816053/)

rairaiken Nov 24th 2013 11:41 pm

Delays at NZQA

Hi guys,

Husband and I applied for IQA and our application is taking more than 35 days for processing. We did not apply for fast track because even if our IQA applications take the full 35 days, we could still make it to our SMC visa application deadline due on the last week of December. Or so we thought.

Basically, the NZQA is now two weeks delayed in processing our application, assuming that the 35 days starts when the application has entered the Allocation step. In my case, it was in Allocation step on 23 September, and entered the Evaluation step on 21 October and has not moved since.

I contacted NZQA through email to check on the status and two weeks and three follow-ups later, the evaluator responded:

NZQA are currently experiencing an unexpectedly high volume of applications so this is resulting in a considerable delay before the files are being allocated to evaluators. We will endeavour to complete your case in the next 5-10 working days. Thank you for your patience during the assessment process and my sincere apologies for the current delay.

And this was from two weeks ago.

Anyone experiencing the same delay from NZQA? Or did I get my calculations incorrect?

harry79 Nov 27th 2013 9:04 am

Re: Delays at NZQA

I am facing similar kind of issue. My application was in Allocation step on 14th of October and moved to Evaluation step on 10th of November. After completing of 35 days i have sent an email to QRS and they replied as follow.

Thank you for your email. The Qualifications Recognition Services are currently receiving a very high volume of applications.There are delays in the allocation of files and most of the assessment applications are taking the full 35 working days to process and complete. We thank you for your patience.

We are paying healthy amount for Qualification assessment, it suppose to be very fast.

Qualification assessment fees for Canada is only $200 and people are getting their assessment back within 10 days.

nishantmehta2005 Dec 4th 2013 10:45 am

Guys,

I totally agree with both you. Dont know whats the reason why this is happening. Mine submited on 9th September, It was allocated and Information requested since 16th October...

No progress since then..Have no idea..what's going on..I don't even know if I should email them.

Anyways Fingers Crossed, Waiting for it to be completed.

harry79 Dec 4th 2013 10:49 am

I think you should email them and ask them for your status. After emailing couple of times mine process faster then before.

I hope that helps.

nishantmehta2005 Dec 4th 2013 11:03 am

Hi Harry,

Dont know mate but the feeling is, if you push them too much it might affect your assessment? or what do you think? I dont know Since I wish I could do something. But Maybe Email would be much better!!!